Question Is the Seasonic M12ii 620 watt PSU safe to use because I had one that failed on me and I read some nasty user reviews on Newegg

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
I am going to see if I can a replacement PSU which is the same model as the one that failed on me. I am going to see if I am eligible for warranty. The model of PSU is the Seasonic M12ii. I am concerned if this model of PSU is bad because I read some nasty user reviews along with my personal experience with the product that it failed on me. Is the Seasonic M12ii safe to put in a system and a good PSU because I don't want this situation to happen again or even worse? I wonder if this was unlucky incident or it was a bad model of product.

System specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 didn't OC
16GB DDR4 2400mHz RAM
MSI Armor RX 570 8GB
Gigabyte DS3H B450M mATX Mobo
Seasonic M12ii 620 Watt PSU
1TB WD Blue Hard Drive
250GB Crucial MX300 SSD
4x120mm fans

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I can't say it's a horrible PSU. It was great back in its day, but not ideal for handling the way in which modern systems pull power. Exactly why that is guess beyond my limited understanding of PSUs, though. I wouldn't expect it to be particularly failure-prone, though.

It's not to be confused with the M12iii, which I'm told is pretty horrible.

A Seasonic FOCUS or PRIME model would be ideal.

You will find nasty reviews on any product. There are lots of people who think that just because they received a bad unit that the whole line must be total crap. If you trust those people, who would never buy anything because EVERY product has its share of those.

As for the M12II specifically, it's a budget level product and has a few down sides, but reliability is not one of them. It has high build quality and is very reliable.

D

Deleted member 14196

nothing is perfect anyway. not in this universe and there will always be psu failures from any manufacturer. a sample size of one doens't mean anything and no hard and fast judgments need be--nor should be made

nasty reviews are the few who may have gotten a bad one and were cheesed off.

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
You will find nasty reviews on any product. There are lots of people who think that just because they received a bad unit that the whole line must be total crap. If you trust those people, who would never buy anything because EVERY product has its share of those.

As for the M12II specifically, it's a budget level product and has a few down sides, but reliability is not one of them. It has high build quality and is very reliable.
Are you sure this power supply is reliable?

TRENDING THREADS