[SOLVED] Is the seller support unaware/lying?

Aug 13, 2019
I've bought a monitor for the resolution of 2560x1440 with 144hz,
The seller support is implying that my graphic card wont support this when I buy an AMD Radeon RX 5700 which has support for 1440p

Or is it me who is in the wrong?

Solution
The seller support is implying that my graphic card wont support this when I buy an AMD Radeon RX 5700 which has support for 1440p

The card will support 144 Hz refresh rate over display port or hdmi.

However very few games will hit 144 frames per second unless you are seriously willing to tweak the settings down (and you jave a fast enough cpu)

Dont take it personally. Most front line tech support aren't level 2 techs. They don't know everything. Even as a chief engineer at a major corp I don't know everything. We all learn as we go sometimes.
Aug 13, 2019
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019
How are you getting this information, is it through the advertisement, monitor control panel, or the back of the monitor?

Are you connected via HDMI or DP?

What is the highest refresh rate and resolution you can go?
I haven't finished building the computer build yet, but so far as I'm aware of is that I use HDMI cable, The Samsung 27" LED C27JG50 is not the monitor number but the name it was sold as in the site I bought it from, my bad there.
The Model code is: LC27JG50QQUXEN.
Model: C27JG50QQU
Type No: C27JG50QQU
This is the information from the cardboard box which the monitor arrived in.

Reactions: IBeats

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
I haven't finished building the computer build yet, but so far as I'm aware of is that I use HDMI cable, The Samsung 27" LED C27JG50 is not the monitor number but the name it was sold as in the site I bought it from, my bad there.
The Model code is: LC27JG50QQUXEN.
Model: C27JG50QQU
Type No: C27JG50QQU
This is the information from the cardboard box which the monitor arrived in.

Yup, it's the same monitor the "QQUXEN" just identifies the version of the monitor or/and even region.

Reactions: Faldomir

However very few games will hit 144 frames per second unless you are seriously willing to tweak the settings down (and you jave a fast enough cpu)

Dont take it personally. Most front line tech support aren't level 2 techs. They don't know everything. Even as a chief engineer at a major corp I don't know everything. We all learn as we go sometimes.

Reactions: Faldomir
Solution
Aug 13, 2019

Quite reasonable standpoint and thanks for the answer.