[SOLVED] Is the stock cooler for the Ryzen 5 3600XT good enough?

Nov 29, 2020
Is the stock cooler for the Ryzen 5 3600XT good enough? (with Corsair Carbide 275R Gaming Black case )
I am going to buy a new computer and I heard that this stock is not very good.
my main use is: mid-range gaming . no overclock.
I thought to combine CoolerMaster Hyper 212 with it . what do you think?
thanks.

Solution
the cooler itself is more than capable especially at stock speeds. the issue many have with it is that it tends to make this real annoying sound. i made it 2 weeks before changing from the stock cooler. it's hard to describe but the fan would ramp up in speed and then slow down and repeat pretty much non-stop. changing fan profiles does not help as most users will tell you.

it's not so much fan noise as it is a kind of low hum that is felt through your desk as much as heard with your ears. so picture a low hum you can feel constantly ramping up and down while using your pc to get an idea what i mean.

the 212 evo is a 150w cooler which is more than enough but for the same money, there are 200w coolers that will of course do the job a...

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Thinking if you not overclock and ambient is ok then 212 would work. Stock cooler the same. Big fan of the 212 cooler had in old pc for long time. For money can't be beat but compare to others would say its a mid to low end performer. But ones that outpeform also more expensvie. The new black version looks good.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you're going to replace the cooler anyway, just get the 3600... unless the 3600XT is below the price of the 3600?
The point of getting the 3600X and XT models is for the stronger Wraith Spire cooler they're included with, unlike the rather subpar Wraith Stealth the 3600 has.

Nov 29, 2020
If you're going to replace the cooler anyway, just get the 3600... unless the 3600XT is below the price of the 3600?
The point of getting the 3600X and XT models is for the stronger Wraith Spire cooler they're included with, unlike the rather subpar Wraith Stealth the 3600 has.

In my country ( Israel ) 3600XT is below the price of the 3600 and 3600x , (it costs 267$) , but its only for a week ( black Friday), and its only on a BOX so I have to take the cooler anyway.
I didn't know 3600XT has a strong Wraith Spire cooler. good to know.
so I think I will stay with it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the cooler itself is more than capable especially at stock speeds. the issue many have with it is that it tends to make this real annoying sound. i made it 2 weeks before changing from the stock cooler. it's hard to describe but the fan would ramp up in speed and then slow down and repeat pretty much non-stop. changing fan profiles does not help as most users will tell you.

it's not so much fan noise as it is a kind of low hum that is felt through your desk as much as heard with your ears. so picture a low hum you can feel constantly ramping up and down while using your pc to get an idea what i mean.

the 212 evo is a 150w cooler which is more than enough but for the same money, there are 200w coolers that will of course do the job a bit better. this also depends of course on your local market. i have no idea what cooling optins are available to you and at what price but i know in the US, you can get more cooling for roughly the same money as a 212 evo. i liked the black color and went with a be quiet model that is about the same as the 212 evo and have no problems with temps. they are all pretty low power usage overall. even the 3600 xt might average around 100w at torture load!! much lower in a game or other uses so 150w cooler is more than enough

Solution

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
So lucky I buy before tidal wave hit the beaches.

Have given little thoughts to possible htpc build in future far far away. I'd use 212 for something like that. Simple inexpensive dependable.

Nov 29, 2020

the 212 evo is a 150w cooler which is more than enough but for the same money, there are 200w coolers that will of course do the job a bit better. this also depends of course on your local market. i have no idea what cooling optins are available to you and at what price but i know in the US, you can get more cooling for roughly the same money as a 212 evo. i liked the black color and went with a be quiet model that is about the same as the 212 evo and have no problems with temps. they are all pretty low power usage overall. even the 3600 xt might average around 100w at torture load!! much lower in a game or other uses so 150w cooler is more than enough

first of all , thanks for the explanation. if it tends to make a real annoying sound I probably will change it, but I think I will try it first because I get it anyway.
I heard good reviews about coolerMaster hyper 212 and its the best option in my country so it definitely will be my second option.