[SOLVED] Is the temps normal?

Nov 8, 2021
My GTX 1050 is on 34° when idle and peaked at 50° when 100% load
Its after i reapply the thermal paste, so is it normal?
Would it damage my GPU?
I overclocked my GPU with this settings.
+100 on Core Clock
+125 on Memory Clock

Solution
Most modern GPUs are set to turn their fans off at temps at/below 55C.
They adjust fan RPM to maintain around....74C
Anything under 80C is perfectly acceptable.

If you see 85C or higher that generally means the GPU fans are spinning at full speed and still not able to keep temps in check. This is usually attributed to poor case airflow, but can also be a result of a sub-par thermal solution on the GPU. Applying new thermal paste on the GPU (in my experience) can lower GPU temps (or fan speed) drastically. My last card (MSI RX480 GamingX) was running 85C at max fans (2400rpm or so) after a year of usage. I repasted, and temps immediately dropped to 73C at 1100rpm.
Most modern GPUs are set to turn their fans off at temps at/below 55C.
They adjust fan RPM to maintain around....74C
Anything under 80C is perfectly acceptable.

If you see 85C or higher that generally means the GPU fans are spinning at full speed and still not able to keep temps in check. This is usually attributed to poor case airflow, but can also be a result of a sub-par thermal solution on the GPU. Applying new thermal paste on the GPU (in my experience) can lower GPU temps (or fan speed) drastically. My last card (MSI RX480 GamingX) was running 85C at max fans (2400rpm or so) after a year of usage. I repasted, and temps immediately dropped to 73C at 1100rpm.

Solution
By default, your card is set to a Temperature Limit of 83c. This is an adjustable target temperature that you can change to your preference. As your temperature approaches this value, the card will increase fan speeds so as not to exceed the value. With a GTX 1050 using so little power, it's a cool running GPU to begin with. Given that 83c is the factory default, you should be quite pleased with 50c while gaming.

TRENDING THREADS