[SOLVED] Is the the Graphic card, the driver or my system?

Oct 19, 2019
Last week i bought a GTX 1650 and aparently it works well but there's a problem, it can run some games really smooth in +60 fps, games like DOOM 2016, Black Mesa, Dark Souls 1 and 2 for exemple, but it can't run low spec games like CS:GO, Cabal Online, Elsword etc, which games i played before on a Radeon Sapphire R200 or something, but those games worked pretty well, even Overwatch could run in 60 fps.

I don't have the most "op" system, i have an i3-4170 3.70GHz, 8GB ram, Win 10 Pro - 64 bits, i think it's the lastest version. I don't think the system is the problem here cuz i could run those games without any problem with on that low profile card.

I cleaned all the previous drivers with DDU in SAFE MODE and installed the most recent one via GeForce Experience, checked if everything is alright in both Nvidia Control Panle and GeForce Exp. and it said that everything IT'S good to go, but aparently isn't.

Well, any poinions? What should i do?

Solution
Odd..I would try monitoring the temperature while playing those games. MSI Afterburner for example is a good program for that. If it was overheating issue which will affect gaming performance, I would suggest increasing the fan speed to somewhere around 50%.
BIOS update wont affect performance and is not really necessary. It could help in fixing motherboard and overheating issues.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Download latest version of DirectX and check for Windows Updates. if that didn't work, follow this:
Restart your computer and enter BIOS by spam pressing F1, F2 or F9. check for an option to disable integrated graphics. Also make sure PC is using PCIe slot 1. Save & reboot.

Reactions: Inazai
Oct 19, 2019
Download latest version of DirectX and check for Windows Updates. if that didn't work, follow this:
Restart your computer and enter BIOS by spam pressing F1, F2 or F9. check for an option to disable integrated graphics. Also make sure PC is using PCIe slot 1. Save & reboot.
I checked and everything is alright, i have the lastest version of DirectX and in BIOS, the primary graphics adapter is set on PCIE which is the GTX 1650. Maybe it's the BIOS cuz i haven't updated it in the last 2 years, idk. Or just the graphic driver is crap.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Odd..I would try monitoring the temperature while playing those games. MSI Afterburner for example is a good program for that. If it was overheating issue which will affect gaming performance, I would suggest increasing the fan speed to somewhere around 50%.
BIOS update wont affect performance and is not really necessary. It could help in fixing motherboard and overheating issues.

Reactions: Inazai
Solution

TRENDING THREADS