Question Is the the R7 1700 with RX 570 8GB and A 16GB 2.4 hz good for my gaming

Apr 17, 2019
So recently I just build my first ever PC in athe age of 12 and I'm not sure if these are good components that match for good performance.
My 16gb ram brand is 2.4ghz from best buy and it's a corsair vengeance. And my windows keeps on crashing all the time so I'm changing my motherboard to a msi b450 tomahawk

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's an ok pairing. A little mismatched for strictly gaming, as the 8c/16t nature of the 1700, coupled with it's relatively low clock speed will limit gaming performance some.

Similarly, 2400MHz RAM is a bit of a hindrance to AMD CPUs, but shouldn't be deal breaking. Those components, coupled with a 570 should be capable enough for gaming.

However, if you're crashing, there's clearly a problem. Did you do a clean OS install on this hardware? Or did the drive come from another system? Latest drivers? Clean GPU driver install?

Apr 17, 2019
I also dont know about the windows crashes but I've been trying my best to fix it. I would love some steps to fix it if it keeps happening after a new motherboard.