is the thermaltake tr2 600w good enough?

topprospect

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I'm gonna be upgrading my pc. Upgrading my cpu to the amd fx 8350 (no overclocking) and getting the amd radeon hd 7970 ghz eddition (no overclocking) would that psu work with hopefully no problems?

Solution

Did you conveniently skip over the customer who said that it damaged their graphics card when they used the TR2-600NL2NC? They said that it was previously working fine with their old PSU for a few years and then they decided to use the Thermaltake.

You don't have to believe anything I say. You can do the research yourself. If you're selective in what you want to believe then that is a risk...

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006

That PSU should be plenty for your needs.

topprospect

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

] but now I'm freaking out. Would it work??? Cause I bough it :/ now I'm scared

D

Deleted member 217926

It's a cheap, junk unit that can not supply it's rated voltage. An HD 7970 is more than I would trust it with. If you can return it then I would do so. There are other models n the same price range of much better quality.

Above anyone else on these forums trust what ko888 tells you about power supplies.

Just reading some of the Customer Feedback on Newegg.com for that PSU for the year 2013 shows a high failure rate and several DOA's.

Just because the label has specifications that in theory indicates that it should be sufficient to power your system configuration doesn't mean that the PSU is actually able to deliver it.

The current TR2-600NL2NC model seems to be based on a cheap CWT non-PFC platform.

D

Deleted member 217926

^ This. For the price you can't beat it. It will allow you to upgrade to 2 x 7970s in the future.

For the same price this is higher quality but will not give you the headroom to add a second card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119

topprospect

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

I'm scared I do NOT want to spend more money on thiz build. I've check the reviews. It works. People have been using it for builds over 1000 $ I don't see the problem with this product. U are scaring because I do not want this to be a waste of money. I see no problems what so ever. Will it damage any of my parts? Or is their slim chance?

Did you conveniently skip over the customer who said that it damaged their graphics card when they used the TR2-600NL2NC? They said that it was previously working fine with their old PSU for a few years and then they decided to use the Thermaltake.

You don't have to believe anything I say. You can do the research yourself. If you're selective in what you want to believe then that is a risk you'll have to live with.

Solution

topprospect

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Will this psu do the job?
http://m.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182132