Is the verifier still stressing the selected driver?

zzzhhh

Honorable
May 13, 2018
Hi, I am following this thread to use verifier on Windows 10. I only selected the "Special pool" and "ambakdrv.sys" for testing. After restarting back into Windows, the output of verifier /querysettings is as follows:
10xylqe.jpg

Does it mean the verifier is still stressing the "ambakdrv.sys" driver for "Special pool" functionality, or it has done all the verification and quit, as indicated by the "Verified Drivers:" list? Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
looking at that menu in my PC, it appears yours still set to check special pool. I don't have any flags set.

typing verifier /resetand pressing enter should turn it off. Make sure to run command prompt with admin rights (if you finding it by search, right click the control panel option and choose run as admin)

zzzhhh

Honorable
May 13, 2018
I don't quite understand your reply. Do you mean verifier is still checking "Special pool"? But what driver is it checking? Also, are drivers listed in "Verified Drivers:" verified or not?

Colif

Win 11 Master

Yes, it looks like its still checking special pool.

It shows those 2 are being verified, if it showed no drivers in that section it would likely mean it was off. See last post in the Microsoft link you were following

How to control Driver Verifier

To stop or reset Driver Verifier

1. Open a Command Prompt window (Run as administrator) and type verifier to open the Driver Verifier Manager.
2. Select Delete existing settings.
3. Reboot the computer.

Or type the following command in a Command Prompt window and reboot the computer.

verifier /reset

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/driver-verifier