[SOLVED] Is the white Corsair dominator platinum rgb 64gb 3600mhz compatible With the Asus rog Maximus xii hero z490 LGA 1200 intel 10nth gen

Aug 25, 2020
So is the Corsair dominator platinum rgb 64gb 3600 MHz in white compatible with the Asus rog Maximus xii hero z490 with a i9 10900k 10nth gen in it

Solution
You don't need more than 16GB of RAM for AAA gaming and the same for coding as a beginner. I'ts only when high demand apps like when video editing large files or rendering 3d CAD files that 32GB and beyond are an advantage.

I have a GSkill kit 16gb (2x8) at 3200MHz (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) in one of my systems and they are excellent. They are "OC" RAM however it's easy to get to their rated frequency using Bios.
The best check for compatibility is the Motherboard manufacturers QVL.
DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHZ C18 MEMORY KIT — WHITE P/N CMT64GX4M4K3600C18W have NOT been tested. Considering they are well over $500 for that kit then consider the following.

Although Maximus xii hero z490 supports up to 4800MHz (O.C.) RAM it will depend on the strength of the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) on the chip as to whether the SPD or rated frequency will work.

10th Gen Intel Core i9 CPUs officially supports up to 2933MHz so 64GB at 3600MHz (OC) is a big ask of the memory controller. It's not to say they would not work however requires Bios intervention to get them to their rated frequency.
If you state your requirement for 64GB at 3600MHz then a recommendation will be made to suit your needs.
Many RAM manufacturers will state compatibility with either CPU or motherboard and some lie, so unless your retailer will exchange them for you in case of a mismatch don't trust what Corsair say.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020
DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHZ C18 MEMORY KIT — WHITE P/N CMT64GX4M4K3600C18W have NOT been tested. Considering they are well over $500 for that kit then consider the following.

Although Maximus xii hero z490 supports up to 4800MHz (O.C.) RAM it will depend on the strength of the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) on the chip as to whether the SPD or rated frequency will work.

10th Gen Intel Core i9 CPUs officially supports up to 2933MHz so 64GB at 3600MHz (OC) is a big ask of the memory controller. It's not to say they would not work however requires Bios intervention to get them to their rated frequency.
If you state your requirement for 64GB at 3600MHz then a recommendation will be made to suit your needs.
Many RAM manufacturers will state compatibility with either CPU or motherboard and some lie, so unless your retailer will exchange them for you in case of a mismatch don't trust what Corsair say.
[/QUOT

sorry for the late response but I am going to use this pc for gaming and learning how to code so do I think o should stick with this ram or go with another type

You don't need more than 16GB of RAM for AAA gaming and the same for coding as a beginner. I'ts only when high demand apps like when video editing large files or rendering 3d CAD files that 32GB and beyond are an advantage.

I have a GSkill kit 16gb (2x8) at 3200MHz (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) in one of my systems and they are excellent. They are "OC" RAM however it's easy to get to their rated frequency using Bios.

Solution