Is their a way to Stop Doom 3:Ressurrection acces to the n..

Other than installing a firewall or disconnectiong the net ? Ive got a
NAT Modem Router bilion 5102.

I don't like being called a theif everytime i load the game up.
Becuase i did buy it. Yep realy did, not sure why seems to be mosatly
the same but i injoyed the last one. Gets your heat pumping.

Thanks.

x-no-archive: yes

no id game has humiliating and against consumer rights authentication!
only the damaging intrusive and abusive steam by valve!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> no id game has humiliating and against consumer rights authentication!
> only the damaging intrusive and abusive steam by valve!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

What were the names of all those games you bought this year again?

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1114322898.112918.83360
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> no id game has humiliating and against consumer rights authentication!
> only the damaging intrusive and abusive steam by valve!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Doom3: resurection of evil needs to be authenticated everytime its loaded
up

i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> wrote in

> Stoned Monkey <tenny2k@nospamrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Doom3: resurection of evil needs to be authenticated everytime its
>> loaded up
>
> those bastards.

yeah how dare they

"Stoned Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> wrote in
>
>> Stoned Monkey <tenny2k@nospamrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Doom3: resurection of evil needs to be authenticated everytime its
>>> loaded up
>>
>> those bastards.
>>

> yeah how dare they

Will he now sayno2steam&id?

"Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in news:3d2forF6ncjunU1@individual.net:

> "Stoned Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> wrote in

>>> those bastards.
>>>

>> yeah how dare they
>
> Will he now sayno2steam&id?

probably, he'll end up being
sayNOtoanygamethatrequiresproofthatimnotapirate

x-no-archive: yes

Stoned Monkey wrote:

no you will not make me buy it in a rush only so can i be
assured you are lying... i know you are lying! you can't
scare us! the only pc game in the market which needs net
authentication to install and play is hl2!

--

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Stoned Monkey wrote:
>
> no you will not make me buy it in a rush only so can i be
> assured you are lying... i know you are lying! you can't
> scare us! the only pc game in the market which needs net
> authentication to install and play is hl2!

and Doom 3 Resurrection apparently.

But you can still play the original Doom3 - have you got that?

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:27:56 +1000, Paul GoodBar <1@abc.com> wrote:

>Other than installing a firewall or disconnectiong the net ? Ive got a
>NAT Modem Router bilion 5102.

>I don't like being called a theif everytime i load the game up.
>Becuase i did buy it. Yep realy did, not sure why seems to be mosatly
>the same but i injoyed the last one. Gets your heat pumping.

I'm confused; as far as I remember, Doom3 Ressurection of Evil doesn't
need to access the net for authorisation. Certainly it doesn't need to
do so every time you play.

Not the version I bought, anyway...

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:46:21 GMT, Spalls Hurgenson <yoinks@ebalu.com> wrote:

>|On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:27:56 +1000, Paul GoodBar <1@abc.com> wrote:
>|

>|>Other than installing a firewall or disconnectiong the net ? Ive got a
>|>NAT Modem Router bilion 5102.
>|
>|>I don't like being called a theif everytime i load the game up.
>|>Becuase i did buy it. Yep realy did, not sure why seems to be mosatly
>|>the same but i injoyed the last one. Gets your heat pumping.
>|

>|I'm confused; as far as I remember, Doom3 Ressurection of Evil doesn't
>|need to access the net for authorisation. Certainly it doesn't need to
>|do so every time you play.
>|
>|Not the version I bought, anyway...

Its a panic post.. the game is only getting ready for, if you decide to fire up
multiplayer.. its not at all like Steam. Its just like any other mulitplayer
game.. it checks to see if you have net connection. Big deal.

Pluvious

"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message

> Other than installing a firewall or disconnectiong the net ? Ive got a
> NAT Modem Router bilion 5102.
>
> I don't like being called a theif everytime i load the game up.
> Becuase i did buy it. Yep realy did, not sure why seems to be mosatly
> the same but i injoyed the last one. Gets your heat pumping.

Check Gamecopyworld.com for the EXE patch. In any case, you can safely block
Doom3 from trying to access the internet and it will still play.

> Doom3: resurection of evil needs to be authenticated everytime its loaded
> up

No it does not. It tries to but still plays if it's blocked.

That being the case id is on notice for calling home in single player.

"Kroagnon" <kroagnon@kroagnon.com> wrote in

> "Stoned Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Doom3: resurection of evil needs to be authenticated everytime its
>> loaded up
>
> No it does not. It tries to but still plays if it's blocked.
>
> That being the case id is on notice for calling home in single player.

yeah your right I made a mistake, it does try to authenticate the cd key
everytime you load the game but it will allow you to play without
authenticating it