Is their any hacked bios's that include locking pci and ag..

Would like one for my A7v266e :)

Though iam not holding my breath for it :0

Thanks.

Paul

Splendid

In article <ssrnc0dj99as0282mb10j999phvi39pfef@4ax.com>,
efternavn@doktor.dk wrote:

> Would like one for my A7v266e :)
>
> Though iam not holding my breath for it :0
>

> Thanks.

If the support does not exist in the hardware, the feature cannot
be added by the BIOS. To lock the PCI and AGP bus, requires a
separate clock signal from the clock generator chip, and requires
resynchronization logic be added to the chipset. Via has a poor
track record of supporting this feature, even on current chipsets.
If you want PCI/AGP lock, download the manual for the board you
want to buy, and see if the AGP clock is programmable. But, also
read some reviews, because some BIOS have the settings for locking
AGP, but they don't actually work.

Paul

Jones

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 04:52:23 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <ssrnc0dj99as0282mb10j999phvi39pfef@4ax.com>,
>efternavn@doktor.dk wrote:
>
>> Would like one for my A7v266e :)
>>
>> Though iam not holding my breath for it :0
>>

>> Thanks.
>
>If the support does not exist in the hardware, the feature cannot
>be added by the BIOS. To lock the PCI and AGP bus, requires a
>separate clock signal from the clock generator chip, and requires
>resynchronization logic be added to the chipset. Via has a poor
>track record of supporting this feature, even on current chipsets.
>If you want PCI/AGP lock, download the manual for the board you
>want to buy, and see if the AGP clock is programmable. But, also
>read some reviews, because some BIOS have the settings for locking
>AGP, but they don't actually work.
>
> Paul

Apparently even some second gen amd64 via pro motherboards are still
having problems with their locks.

I've got an old k8t800, and although it has no locks, it seems to work
fine at stock speeds. Good enough for a spare computer. I plan to get
a nforce3 250gb when the dust settles.