Question Is there a 144Hz TV I can buy?

Most of your high end TVs have a native 120Hz refresh rate. The Samsung Q8 and Q9 series even have freesync with it.

The issue is you are going to be looking at easily $1k for a TV with that refresh rate, I believe the Vizio P series has a 120Hz rate, and the Samsung's start at $2k. You would probably be able to buy a good monitor for less money at that refresh rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dante_Nero
What type of games are you trying to play?
competitive fps or AAA single player or what?

For competitive games if you want the best don't buy a TV. size is relative to distance. sitting at a desk a 24 or 27 inch monitor is fine. a lot of console players even do this. 24inch 1080p 144hz 1ms monitors run about $200. you have one of the best cards so you could buy one of the 240hz monitors and play a lot of games at that.

https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti/intel-core-i7-8700k-3-70ghz/low#mainads

For eye candy games it's honestly best to just buy another monitor. TN monitors colors are pretty bad. There aren't a lot of options that are best of both worlds. There are some newer low latency non-TN monitors that will have better color, but for FPS most go with TN.