[SOLVED] Is there a better case from Dark Base Pro 900 v2 for this price. And will Noctua DH15 fit in it?

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Is there a better case from Dark Base Pro 900 v2 for this price. And will Noctua DH15 fit in it?
Also, what thermal paste should i take, my first pick was thermal grizzly cryonaut.
Thanks for all responses.

Reactions: danmd
Solution
Is there a better case from Dark Base Pro 900 v2 for this price.
Better, in what way? The Dark Base Pro 900 v2 is a luxury product, so there really isn't anything competing with it at that price except other luxury cases.
Performance-oriented cases can be had for much cheaper.

And will Noctua DH15 fit in it?
The case has a max supported cooler height of 185mm, so any air cooler will fit.

Also, what thermal paste should i take, my first pick was thermal grizzly cryonaut.
Yikes. That stuff is so overpriced per gram for just a 1-2C difference over NT-H1/2...
The NH-D15's prepackaged tube of NT-H1 or NT-H2 thermal paste is plenty.
The thermal paste plays a very small part in the cooler's performance.

Heatsink >>>...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is there a better case from Dark Base Pro 900 v2 for this price.
Better, in what way? The Dark Base Pro 900 v2 is a luxury product, so there really isn't anything competing with it at that price except other luxury cases.
Performance-oriented cases can be had for much cheaper.

And will Noctua DH15 fit in it?
The case has a max supported cooler height of 185mm, so any air cooler will fit.

Yikes. That stuff is so overpriced per gram for just a 1-2C difference over NT-H1/2...
The NH-D15's prepackaged tube of NT-H1 or NT-H2 thermal paste is plenty.
The thermal paste plays a very small part in the cooler's performance.

Heatsink >>> fans > paste application > paste
Excluding external sources, like the case airflow and ambient temps, that's the order of strongest to weakest impact of the cooler's performance.

Reactions: SubukXV
Solution