Is there a better fm2+ mATX crossfire motherboard than this? If so please link me your suggestion

Solution
Yes, this one is much better:

MSI A88XM

Has one PCI-e 3.0 x16 Slot and one 3.0 x8 slot. You're not going to find 2 PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots on any AMD Motherboard at the moment, as none of their Chipsets support it.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

you REALLY dont want to CF with an FM2 setup

single card

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013

the problem with that board is how the pci slots are arranged. The slots are from top to bottom in the 1 and 4 position and so you'll never get a two slot card to install in the fourth position because no case would have physically enough room for it. With the card hits the base of the case (if the case has the power supply on the top) or it runs into the top of the power supply (on a case where the power supply is on the bottom)

I can't belive anyone could use that board for crossfire

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013

Well i did buy the one i posted. Perhaps a more powerful single slot card is in order then. the other pcie slot could be used for an ssd. also that motherboard has an m.2 slot and usb 3.1 type a and c so even if i don't get to crossfire with it like i want, it's still has other features that are useful.

Seems there really are no high quality crossfire fm2+ motherboards.... here's hoping for a zen apu and an fm4 setip down the line...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

even if there was the platform is so weak, the best cpu can barely handle something like a gtx 960

and CF'in two weaker cards is always not worth the hassle

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
I do appreciate your expertise. Thanks. I had a rx-460 on my old motherboard and i kept getting lavendar bars and double images on my screen. Finally decided i needed a new motherboard and bacause i thought the rx 460 might be too much for it i wanted to try to crossfire two cards or maybe get a card to dual graphics with and a higher powered psu. the corsair 430 seems like it would be enough for the rx 460 but just to be sure i thought a modular designed 650 would be the thing to go with.

Lizzi Swane

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
my current setup has an A10-7850k. Other folks had told me that my chip is the barest minimum for an rx-460. perhaps i need a water cooler and to try some overclocking to see what i can push it to with the gpu disabled on it.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

nah you can get a gtx 950, gtx1050 ti, gtx 960, or r9 380 if you wanted

yes overclocking the cpu would help