[SOLVED] Is there a big performance difference in low profile and full GPU’s?

Jul 30, 2020
Hi, I recently purchased a low profile MSI GTX 1650 4GB and I was looking up benchmarks for it. Then I realized that, in the title it didn’t say low profile. It just said GTX 1650? Is there a drastic change of performance from the original to a low profile? Here is an example of what I was watching.

View: https://youtu.be/enG5q2KLSeQ

Solution
So the graphics itself wouldn’t go down really at all? Just maybe the temp?
No. If that were the case, it'd be stated in the name or the specs.
For example, there are 2 versions of the GT 1030: the normal one that runs GDDR5 memory, and the memory-crippled SDDR4.

That said, there are 2 versions of the GTX 1650 now: the original GDDR5 model, and the recent GDDR6 one. The latter does perform slightly better, but GDDR6 does sport higher operating temps, so that model will yield higher thermals on average - which is still nothing for a 1650.
Jul 30, 2020
The greatest difference would be the type of cooler on the LP model, but since the GTX 1650 is a low power gpu, I'd imagine it shouldn't run hot at all, unless the manufacturer designed a bad cooler.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No. If that were the case, it'd be stated in the name or the specs.
For example, there are 2 versions of the GT 1030: the normal one that runs GDDR5 memory, and the memory-crippled SDDR4.

That said, there are 2 versions of the GTX 1650 now: the original GDDR5 model, and the recent GDDR6 one. The latter does perform slightly better, but GDDR6 does sport higher operating temps, so that model will yield higher thermals on average - which is still nothing for a 1650.

Reactions: Niickkk
Solution