[SOLVED] Is there a bottleneck in i3 2100 with rx 560 2gb?

Solution
an i3-2100 is but 2 cores and 4 threads...

Any modern game is going to be rather torturous at times...low frame rates, no getting around it.

A customer gave me her Dell so equipped, I slapped Linux Mint on it, and sold it as a secure banking/surfing system within 20 minutes. It is still quite decent running Linux!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Throw out the term bottleneck from your vocabulary. The word has been misused to the point of meaninglessness.

For gaming, there may be some games where the CPU is what's holding it back. For other games, it may be the GPU that is holding it back.

Or, it could be the amount of RAM in your system that is at issue. Insufficient RAM can kill performance in some games.

Most important:
  • What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
  • What specific games are you playing?

Reactions: beers
May 29, 2020
Throw out the term bottleneck from your vocabulary. The word has been misused to the point of meaninglessness.

For gaming, there may be some games where the CPU is what's holding it back. For other games, it may be the GPU that is holding it back.

Or, it could be the amount of RAM in your system that is at issue. Insufficient RAM can kill performance in some games.

Most important:
  • What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
  • What specific games are you playing?
I'm playing csgo and league of legends
I'm using 1366x768 60hz resolution

an i3-2100 is but 2 cores and 4 threads...

Any modern game is going to be rather torturous at times...low frame rates, no getting around it.

A customer gave me her Dell so equipped, I slapped Linux Mint on it, and sold it as a secure banking/surfing system within 20 minutes. It is still quite decent running Linux!

Solution