Question Is there a case that will mount 1 GPU vertically and a 2nd GPU normally?

Nov 18, 2021
I have 2 3090s but when I mount both of them in my MB the VRAM gets extremely hot (110+) because they sit so close to each other it restricts their air flow. So currently I have 1 mounted in my MB and the other sitting on the outside of the case connected to a PCIE extension riser and their temps are good this way. I use them to mine and game.

Is there a case that can fit both GPUs with one installed in the MB and the other 1 installed vertically???

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
I have 2 3090s but when I mount both of them in my MB the VRAM gets extremely hot (110+) because they sit so close to each other it restricts their air flow. So currently I have 1 mounted in my MB and the other sitting on the outside of the case connected to a PCIE extension riser and their temps are good this way. I use them to mine and game.

Is there a case that can fit both GPUs with one installed in the MB and the other 1 installed vertically???
Yes. Quite a few in fact. The cheapest one I’ve seen that is any good would be the Corsair 7000D which has space for the configuration you want. Alternatively the Thermaltake View 71.

Honestly though cooling two 3090s is pretty crazy it’s still gonna get really hot in there. Have you thought about dropping down to one card? What games even support SLI any more anyway?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS