Solution
What kind of code do you mean? I kinda got lost... sorry :D Also my motherboard is on of the better B350 boards and I know that it has better VRMS and performance as some cheap B450 boards.
The code to enable 4000 ryzen on b450 boards in the bios.
which is almost interchangeable with b350 bios code.

The code was given to motherboard vendors (asus, msi and such) to use for future bios updates in their boards.
if the vendors decide to put in the extra work to make it useable on b350, then yes, it will be possible.
but i doubt it.
Amd said they will give out the code to make it possible for b450 boards to support 4th gen, but it will be a one way update with a necessary verification program. (At best, a code on the box probably)

B450 and B350 are not only very similar, they are mostly identical, with minor revision changes for newer usb ports or something. they mostly just have better overall build quality and power delivery, since vendors learned more about amd chips.

So yes, Motherboard vendors will have the code and the ability to do it.
will they do it though? i actually kinda doubt.

Pijmzhchus

Honorable
Jul 28, 2016
Amd said they will give out the code to make it possible for b450 boards to support 4th gen, but it will be a one way update with a necessary verification program. (At best, a code on the box probably)

B450 and B350 are not only very similar, they are mostly identical, with minor revision changes for newer usb ports or something. they mostly just have better overall build quality and power delivery, since vendors learned more about amd chips.

So yes, Motherboard vendors will have the code and the ability to do it.
will they do it though? i actually kinda doubt.
What kind of code do you mean? I kinda got lost... sorry :D Also my motherboard is on of the better B350 boards and I know that it has better VRMS and performance as some cheap B450 boards.

Pijmzhchus

Honorable
Jul 28, 2016
No they did not. It is 2020, and it still works with all current gen Ryzen CPU's. The socket was going to be supported, they didn't guarantee chipsets.
Do you think it will be a big problem for me using R7 3700X as oppose to R7 4700X in terms of future proofing? Right now I´m using R5 1600 and in some games I can´t get enough FPS xD

logainofhades

Titan
Unless you plan on getting a GPU, of 2080ti performance, and running it at 1080p, the 3700x will be just fine. You may want to consider a 3800xt, for the slightly higher clocks, provided you have bios support. Or just suck it up, and get a B550 board. 4th gen is likely going to be the final AM4 chip, unless DDR5 adoption is delayed.

Pijmzhchus

Honorable
Jul 28, 2016
Unless you plan on getting a GPU, of 2080ti performance, and running it at 1080p, the 3700x will be just fine. You may want to consider a 3800xt, for the slightly higher clocks, provided you have bios support. Or just suck it up, and get a B550 board. 4th gen is likely going to be the final AM4 chip, unless DDR5 adoption is delayed.
I plan to play on my 1080p 144Hz for a long time from now, so Ryzen 4000 with better clocks would be great. Guess I will just stick to 3700x in the future and then adopt new AMD or INTEL processors that will come after 4000.

The code to enable 4000 ryzen on b450 boards in the bios.
which is almost interchangeable with b350 bios code.

The code was given to motherboard vendors (asus, msi and such) to use for future bios updates in their boards.
if the vendors decide to put in the extra work to make it useable on b350, then yes, it will be possible.
but i doubt it.

Solution
Do you think it will be a big problem for me using R7 3700X as oppose to R7 4700X in terms of future proofing? Right now I´m using R5 1600 and in some games I can´t get enough FPS xD
Your fps problem is much more likely linked to the gpu than cpu.

yes, swapping your cpu would give you more fps. but getting a new gpu at the same price point of a 3700X (an rtx 2060 i think) would be a much bigger uplift in performance.