[SOLVED] Is there a converter that lets you use a WiFi M.2 (A/E) in a SATA slots in laptops? Half Mini PCIe into SATA?

Jul 15, 2019
I could only find B/M to SATA. and SATA to Half Mini PCIe. The WiFi card in my laptop is build-in and I was thinking of how to upgrade WiFi.
Is there such a thing?

Please do not get off-topic and please answer the questions. Please do not tell me to buy a dongle. Experts who know exactly what I'm asking for and what I need, thank you.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019
Upgrade the WiFi from what to what?
Where is it lacking now?

If there is an mSATA port in there, there are mSATA WiFi devices. But what problem are you actually trying to solve?
Soldered AR9565 to either M.2 BCM94352Z or half mini PCIe BCM94352HMB. No mSATA ports. Proper WiFi and BT functionality in hackintosh as the onboard WIFI is slow and BT is not supported anymore.
Can half mini PCIe be considered a mSATA? Sorry if I sound so novice.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
ASUS USB-AC53 AC1200 Nano USB Dual-Band Wireless Adapter, MU-Mimo, Compatible for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/1/10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071KV2SMV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BptlDbP0JB4VR

What's slow? And it's tiny. Or get one with antenna.

There prolly are converters, however, it's a laptop, and the converters are neither small nor built to be installed in a laptop. So whatever youd end up with, would be dangling outside of the laptop anyway. Good idea, for a pc, not so good for a laptop.

Jul 15, 2019
ASUS USB-AC53 AC1200 Nano USB Dual-Band Wireless Adapter, MU-Mimo, Compatible for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/1/10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071KV2SMV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BptlDbP0JB4VR

What's slow? And it's tiny. Or get one with antenna.

There prolly are converters, however, it's a laptop, and the converters are neither small nor built to be installed in a laptop. So whatever youd end up with, would be dangling outside of the laptop anyway. Good idea, for a pc, not so good for a laptop.
That thing's prolly not supported by macOS.