[SOLVED] Is there a correct position of the hoses in an AIO? [I attach a photo] i7 8700k and id cooling auraflow x360

Jan 27, 2021
Hello community.
About 1 month ago I have temperature problems on my 8700k, I got to the point of putting it under voltage and limiting my fps in games so that the temperatures do not go through the clouds (75-85 ° with a load of 25 to 35% in games)
I have already tried almost everything, like changing the thermal paste (artic mx-4 and thermal grizzly) and doing a deep cleaning of the radiator but my temperatures are still high.

My radiator is on top, but my question is, does the position of the hose sticking out of the pump have any influence? Right now I have them down, let's say at 6 o'clock if you look at a clock, I almost always see them in images that are on the sides of the bomb, that is, at 3 or 9 o'clock.

Will the position of these hoses affect performance? It's the only thing I need to test to see if my temperatures improve, or if something is directly wrong with the auraflow x360 cooling id aio (it's my first time with something Chinese and I think it will be the last time)

I await your answers and thank you for your time.
P/D: 1 year ago I have this AIO.
ID-COOLING-X360-Auraflow.jpg

Hello community.
About 1 month ago I have temperature problems on my 8700k, I got to the point of putting it under voltage and limiting my fps in games so that the temperatures do not go through the clouds (75-85 ° with a load of 25 to 35% in games)
I have already tried almost everything, like changing the thermal paste (artic mx-4 and thermal grizzly) and doing a deep cleaning of the radiator but my temperatures are still high.

My radiator is on top, but my question is, does the position of the hose sticking out of the pump have any influence? Right now I have them down, let's say at 6 o'clock if you look at a clock, I almost always see them in images that are on the sides of the bomb, that is, at 3 or 9 o'clock.

Will the position of these hoses affect performance? It's the only thing I need to test to see if my temperatures improve, or if something is directly wrong with the auraflow x360 cooling id aio (it's my first time with something Chinese and I think it will be the last time)

I await your answers and thank you for your time.
P/D: 1 year ago I have this AIO.
ID-COOLING-X360-Auraflow.jpg
No, hoses position and routing in that configuration make no difference. Only time that could be a problem is if they were highest point in the setup. Most important part with liquid cooling is that pump has to be bellow highest point of liquid level so it never forms air bubble in it..
I don't know that cooler but what you can try (if it's not already like that) is to have pump run full speed all the time.

Reactions: Kinglych
Jan 27, 2021
No, hoses position and routing in that configuration make no difference. Only time that could be a problem is if they were highest point in the setup. Most important part with liquid cooling is that pump has to be bellow highest point of liquid level so it never forms air bubble in it..
I don't know that cooler but what you can try (if it's not already like that) is to have pump run full speed all the time.
Hi Mike, thank you for your time, unfortunately the pump is connected directly to a power sata and this makes it always work 100%.
And the AIO does not have an independent software like other brands, whether corsair or nzxt, I made the fan curve through the asus rog bios.

I think it's time to change it, any AIO you recommend?
I am from Argentina and right now I can easily obtain mastercooler liquid-pro 360r or msi mag coreliquid 360r, do you know the performance of any of them?
I can buy another AIO only that it would take longer to get home since I should import it. [I have no problem with really waiting]

Thanks again for your time

From where is your radiator getting cooling air?
Is it oriented to take in cold air from the outside, or to take in warmer inside case air?

Does your case have intake fans somewhere with intake capability commensurate with the 3 120mm fans on the radiator?

I suspect your best solution will be a better case.

Reactions: Kinglych
Jan 27, 2021
From where is your radiator getting cooling air?
Is it oriented to take in cold air from the outside, or to take in warmer inside case air?

Does your case have intake fans somewhere with intake capability commensurate with the 3 120mm fans on the radiator?

I suspect your best solution will be a better case.

Hello thanks for your time, look, I have a case switch 810 [Ultra tower], aesthetically it is not pleasant but it really has an incredible air flow, it maintains the same temperatures with the side cover on as without it.
Answering your question, the configuration that I have on the radiator is push and pull with 6 corsair sp 120 high performance fans.
So it takes air from inside the case and expels it outside.
P/D: at the moment I have the case with both side covers removed and I still have high temperatures, since I am testing everything possible before changing the AIO.

It has 4 140mm front fans, 1 140mm bottom fan and 1 140mm rear fan
Switch-810.jpg

TRENDING THREADS