[SOLVED] Is there a difference between streamed video quality and youtube quality?

sa.ceggm

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
Hello.
First of all, i'd like to appologies if this isnt the right place to post this as am not familiar with the forums and i couldnt find a board that would fit best.

I would like to know the difference between youtube videos quality and streamed movies/animes qualities if there's any difference between the two, because for some reason i can watch youtube videos at 1080p without any buffering and on the other hand, i sometimes get buffered when watching 480p streamed movies, specially when watching at night.
Thank you

Solution
Youtube video is streaming video. Youtube does have a good buffering algorithm though. Maybe the other streamed movies/anime you are streaming doesn't have decent buffering or the source itself is getting interrupted/disconnected. Are you streaming through VPU and/or from other countries? If yes, this is a common occurance with poor streamers.
Youtube video is streaming video. Youtube does have a good buffering algorithm though. Maybe the other streamed movies/anime you are streaming doesn't have decent buffering or the source itself is getting interrupted/disconnected. Are you streaming through VPU and/or from other countries? If yes, this is a common occurance with poor streamers.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Can't be compared directly. Way too many factors.

Youtube can and does vary the delivered "quality", depending on the viewers bandwidth at this particular moment. They can even change resolution as you're watching it, to try to deliver a mostly seamless experience.

Hello.
First of all, i'd like to appologies if this isnt the right place to post this as am not familiar with the forums and i couldnt find a board that would fit best.

I would like to know the difference between youtube videos quality and streamed movies/animes qualities if there's any difference between the two, because for some reason i can watch youtube videos at 1080p without any buffering and on the other hand, i sometimes get buffered when watching 480p streamed movies, specially when watching at night.
Thank you
I think what you're really asking is if there's a bandwidth requirement difference between the two--generally no as the compression for most distributed video is about the same and hence the bandwidth requirements are the same. As others have mentioned, the distribution route plays a big factor in what quality you can see.