[SOLVED] Is there a difference between these monitors?

isak.walther

Honorable
Sep 29, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to buy a new monitor, and I'm stuck between the Acer Nitro XV272UP( https://uk-store.acer.com/xv2-gaming-monitor-xv272up-black ) and the ASUS TUF VG27AQ( https://www.asus.com/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27AQ/ ).

The thing is, I don't really see any difference between them, but when I show them to my friends they all say "but you have an ASUS gpu right? that means you should get the ASUS monitor." Does that even makes sense?

Anyway, except for the price, the fact that the ASUS monitor can be overclocked to 165hz and the Acer monitor has USB-ports(which I like but isn't a deciding factor), I don't really see any difference between them.

Which monitor would you recommend and why?

Solution
No it doesn't make sense other than the fact that they would like an all Asus hardware equipped system/desk/table top.

I would personally(if that were my money you were spending) go for the monitor with VESA mounts, the thinnest bezel/frame and the sharpest image quality since I'm an architect and I don't game that much(or at all). I tend to do graphical work so I need them to be as color accurate as possible. Also, if I were to forgo the VESA mount, then the stand should be designed well to look nice on a desk space.

I assume you have the hardware capable of driving whichever display you purchase?

Lutfij

Titan
No it doesn't make sense other than the fact that they would like an all Asus hardware equipped system/desk/table top.

I would personally(if that were my money you were spending) go for the monitor with VESA mounts, the thinnest bezel/frame and the sharpest image quality since I'm an architect and I don't game that much(or at all). I tend to do graphical work so I need them to be as color accurate as possible. Also, if I were to forgo the VESA mount, then the stand should be designed well to look nice on a desk space.

I assume you have the hardware capable of driving whichever display you purchase?

Solution

isak.walther

Honorable
Sep 29, 2017

Indeed, my computer is capable of running both of these monitors.

As for your reason, both of these monitors are compatible for VESA mounting, so if you were to choose one of these monitors, which would it be(price not being a deciding factor)?

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
If two different products have the performance and features I'm looking for with little difference between them, then I'd go for the least expensive one as long as the customer feedback is good.

From a quick look on Amazon (US) and filtering to show only reviews for the monitors in question, the Acer model seems to have the lowest percentage of complaints on it for now. Professional reviews will of course give you a better idea of the actual performance and features, but Amazon reviews are useful for seeing what's working most reliably for the general user.