Is there a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medicteddy

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Also, the OEM almost always has a reduced warranty compared to the retail version.

Personally I have no experience with AMD processors and their warranties, but I know that OEM Intel processors come with only 1 year warranty rather than 3 years with the retail version.

BTW, you shouldn't get either of them. The 8150 is a terrible value in almost all applications. Unless you do professional media work, and probably even if you do, you should stick with Intel. Also, water cooling is almost always a waste of money.

senjurio

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I know intel outperforms amd, but bang for buck belongs to amd. Also not really worried about the warranty too much, its a budget build for someone else. They want it the cheapest they can get with that processor. Thanks guys.

Bang for the buck belongs squarely in the hands of Intel at the high end. The 8150 is $270, and the 2500K is $220 (or $180 at Microcenter). The 2500K is far better in gaming, and it often outperforms the FX in other applications as well, though it sometimes loses in heavily threaded productivity situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.