Is there a fan controller for me?

ratsa

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
My new case has three 120mm fans.

Motherboard has one fan header.

PSU has only one spare SATA and one spare floppy connector.

Is there a fan controller that can power the three case fans? Preferably, it would occupy an expansion slot (no room on front of case).

ratsa

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010

My Silverstone Grandia GD-05B case doesn't have a spare 5.25" external drive slot.

More importantly, I couldn't figure out what kind of power connection NZXT Sentrey 2 requires.

I have (i) one spare fan header on mobo, (ii) one spare SATA power cable and (iii) one spare floppy power cable. That is it!

ratsa

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
The PSU is an Antec made specifically for Dell. It doesn't have a molex connector. It has 4 SATA connectors (I'm using 3 of them) and one floppy connector. I don't have budgeted for a replacement PSU.

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
One option I can think of if you don't have molex connectors is to buy splitters. I don't know of any fan connections that can come off of SATA connectors or IDE connectors (I'm pretty sure you have an IDE connection in order to connect to a floppy drive).

Try searching up 3 or 4 pin connection splitters and see what you like.

ratsa

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010

The floppy connector I am referring to is the one called "Floppy drive power cable" here: http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#floppy