Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Greetings,

I'm sure we PC gamers are familiar with the issue that most gaming mice experience, and that is double clicking after years of usage. Now I'm just looking for a new gaming mouse that will never ever have the double clicking issue in the long run (if possible), right now I have the Corsair Harpoon RGB gaming mouse, it works wonders and is great for gaming, but now it has developed that double clicking issue. I have owned the mouse for just 2 years, considering that it has only a warranty of 2 years, I'm guessing the mouse has just reached its expected life span, considering also that this mouse belongs to Corsair's budget line of gaming mice (maybe it's designed to not really last long). I mostly play FPS games like Team Fortress 2. So are there any suggestions you guys can make on what gaming mouse should I buy next. It must BE WIRED, and if possible it should never ever have that double clicking issue, like the mouse in the early 2000's, I still have this mouse that I bought 10 years back, still going strong, it's just too small for my hand that's why I don't use it. Missing those types of mice, companies like Logitech and Razer keep advertising how their gaming mice can endure millions of clicks when it can't even last 5 years like most mice did back in the day smh...

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Greetings,

I'm sure we PC gamers are familiar with the issue that most gaming mice experience, and that is double clicking after years of usage. Now I'm just looking for a new gaming mouse that will never ever have the double clicking issue in the long run (if possible), right now I have the Corsair Harpoon RGB gaming mouse, it works wonders and is great for gaming, but now it has developed that double clicking issue. I have owned the mouse for just 2 years, considering that it has only a warranty of 2 years, I'm guessing the mouse has just reached its expected life span, considering also that this mouse belongs to Corsair's budget line of gaming mice (maybe it's designed to not really last long). I mostly play FPS games like Team Fortress 2. So are there any suggestions you guys can make on what gaming mouse should I buy next. It must BE WIRED, and if possible it should never ever have that double clicking issue, like the mouse in the early 2000's, I still have this mouse that I bought 10 years back, still going strong, it's just too small for my hand that's why I don't use it. Missing those types of mice, companies like Logitech and Razer keep advertising how their gaming mice can endure millions of clicks when it can't even last 5 years like most mice did back in the day smh...
Check out the Logitech G502 SE HERO Gaming really great mouse been using for over a year got no problems I had similar issues with Corsair so changed to Logitech works great

Rexer

Distinguished
Have a Logtech G 305 double click after 6 months use. Had me mad. So opened it up and found the Omron switches were tired and useless. So I replaced them with Kailh switches. Now, some websites will claim there's no difference between the two (Omron and Kailh) but I beg to differ. The replacement job I did was two years ago!
I replaced the switches (unsoldered them), replace the stick-on feet (found on Ebay and Boom! I've been happy since. I further did the Linus mod job by buying an AA battery sleeve that permits AAA super lithium batteries to be installed. Your cheap Logitech G 305 will be lighter (under 70grams), better balanced and happier.

TRENDING THREADS