[SOLVED] Is there a hub that caters well to both USB C and Mini DP laptops?

Aug 11, 2020
I'm trying to cut down on wire clutter and clean up my desk. I switch computers a lot for work and personal use. Unfortunately, my computers are relatively varied with the following,

Personal:
Macbook Pro (2015) w/ Mini DP
Surface Pro 6 (2019) w/ Mini DP

Work:
Macbook Pro (2019) w/ USB C
Chromebook w/ USB C
Surface Laptop w/ Mini DP

Accessories:
Ultrawide Monitor w/ HDMI + DP
USB Keyboard + Mouse
USB Webcam
Also looking to add a second vertical monitor

I realize the Mini DP won't work for the power and USB accessories I have but does anyone have a solid recommendation for a hub that would require the least amount of wire swapping? Something that'll allow me to keep a USB and DP plugged in for the older laptops and also the USB C for the newer ones?

I'm fine keeping the cords tucked away/hanging on the side of the desk for the older models. I just don't really want to have to be reaching back and messing with the hub every time I swap computers as well.

Any thoughts?

Solution
Your issue is that most docking stations support MAC or Windows systems but not both AND you either have USB or USB C connection but not both. So something will be left out. The Mini Display Port on the Surface is for video output. It would use the USB 3 port for the docking station.

This one may work for MAC and Chromebook, but not Surface without USB C...
Your issue is that most docking stations support MAC or Windows systems but not both AND you either have USB or USB C connection but not both. So something will be left out. The Mini Display Port on the Surface is for video output. It would use the USB 3 port for the docking station.

This one may work for MAC and Chromebook, but not Surface without USB C https://www.cdw.com/product/StarTec...kwcid=AL!4223!3!198550684938!!!g!338831992483!

Solution