[SOLVED] Is there a J rgb to Drgb adapter?

Jan 21, 2021
I have these Phanteks neon lights that I've been trying to install but I dont have the 5V D RGB on my motherboard. It only has a 4 pin 12V J RGB header. Is there any way I can get around this with some kind of adapter?

Solution
No.

12v RGB is like a 3pin fan, it's analog. 5v ARGB is like a pwm fan, digital.

RGB works by changing the amperage on each color string, so 0A on green, 0.5A on red and 0.5A on blue makes the string look purple.

ARGB is similar, but not a string. Each led has its own controller chip. The software sends a particular color setting (0,255,255) to a particular address (that's the A in argb) and the controller chip allows the amperage through to that led to get those colors. Which would be Teal in this case.

RGB has no addressing capable, it's all controlled by diodes on the motherboard, argb needs the addressing since the motherboard lacks the diodes.

So no adapter. Only thing you can use is RGB from the motherboard, or an...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No.

12v RGB is like a 3pin fan, it's analog. 5v ARGB is like a pwm fan, digital.

RGB works by changing the amperage on each color string, so 0A on green, 0.5A on red and 0.5A on blue makes the string look purple.

ARGB is similar, but not a string. Each led has its own controller chip. The software sends a particular color setting (0,255,255) to a particular address (that's the A in argb) and the controller chip allows the amperage through to that led to get those colors. Which would be Teal in this case.

RGB has no addressing capable, it's all controlled by diodes on the motherboard, argb needs the addressing since the motherboard lacks the diodes.

So no adapter. Only thing you can use is RGB from the motherboard, or an adapter such as the Corsair Commander Pro which uses software via USB, not the RGB connection.

Reactions: edson.v2
Solution

TRENDING THREADS