Is there a "Launcher" type frontend to use windows out of?

escanthon

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Hey Tom's users, it's me again with another dumb question. I've used android for a long time, and one thing I've always appreciated about it is the android launcher. (Smart Launcher specifically). Everything is nice and neat, exactly where you want it, and can be manipulated with any hardware you have ever since android could communicate with input devices. Scroll through icons with your ps3 d-pad, flip pages with xbox 360 bumpers, the whole nine. Windows has been the primary gaming platform of choice for pc users for some time, so I assumed I could at the very least get around with my xbox one controller, for convenience's sake. Not so.

Is there any software out there that allows this? That'll let me navigate all my games and applications from my controller at the very least? I've tried shoehorning these features in with Xpadder, but that REALLY messes you up once you get into an application since the bindings are still there.

My wildest dreams see me installing a perfect android-style launcher on windows. Can it be done?

Solution
I'm a fool for not realizing this existed, but steam's "Big Picture Mode" is what I was looking for. I would still have preferred something a little more smartly done, but seeing as how code gives me a headache, none of the whining I could do would be justified. Thank you all for your time.
There si and never will be such a thing. Sorry. This is because there is no demand, Pc users use a KB and mouse to navigate the system. Gaming controllers will remain for gaming only on the platform. I suggest a wireless KB/mouse. Oh, adn try some FPS games on them as opposed to a controller ;)

escanthon

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013

I'll continue to hold out for other answers, but I thought I'd say, the closest games to "FPS" games I play are Doom and Fallout 4. Well, maybe some Metro too, but nothing that requires the precision of a mouse and keyboard. I do appreciate such a quick response though!

All teh games you mentioned require precision when you don;t have aim assist on. Besides, it's alot more fun to aim with the mouse, and, if you get a hard pad, you can play from teh couch very nicely. I do it even lying in bet on a large tv...

escanthon

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
I'm a fool for not realizing this existed, but steam's "Big Picture Mode" is what I was looking for. I would still have preferred something a little more smartly done, but seeing as how code gives me a headache, none of the whining I could do would be justified. Thank you all for your time.

Solution