Is there a modern 3-D action game, like Tribes 2?

Specifically, is there a game like Tribes 2 where you can move in 3-D
space?

I don't mean just jump up and jump down, I mean like with a jet pack
where you can fall (or rise) hundreds of feet and land successfully.

Thank you.

> Specifically, is there a game like Tribes 2 where you can move in 3-D
> space?
>
> I don't mean just jump up and jump down, I mean like with a jet pack
> where you can fall (or rise) hundreds of feet and land successfully.

Tribes: Vengeance was just released before the holidays last year. They even
have a demo you can try out. If you do pick up the full version, be sure to
nab the patch, too.

I just finished up Armed and Dangerous last night (I know, I'm slow, but it
was dirt cheap!). There are a few levels with a jet pack, but it's TPS and
chock-full of cheesy British humor, which made me LOL on several occasions.

IIRC, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire also had a few levels with a jet
pack. You take on Boba Fett toward the end. Good times!

HTH,

- f_f

Andrew

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:33 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>Specifically, is there a game like Tribes 2 where you can move in 3-D
>space?
>
>I don't mean just jump up and jump down, I mean like with a jet pack
>where you can fall (or rise) hundreds of feet and land successfully.

I am not sure because I haven't played it for ages, but Planetside
might fit the bill, although it is online only.

Toby

On 2005-03-31, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote:
> Specifically, is there a game like Tribes 2 where you can move in 3-D
> space?
>
> I don't mean just jump up and jump down, I mean like with a jet pack
> where you can fall (or rise) hundreds of feet and land successfully.

UT2Kx with the low grav mutator on and "Air control" set to maximum.

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, John Doe wrote:

> Specifically, is there a game like Tribes 2 where you can move in 3-D
> space?
>
> I don't mean just jump up and jump down, I mean like with a jet pack
> where you can fall (or rise) hundreds of feet and land successfully.

You mean like Tribes: Vengeance?

Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, John Doe wrote:
>
>> Specifically, is there a game like Tribes 2 where you can move
>> in 3-D space?
>> I don't mean just jump up and jump down, I mean like with a jet
>> pack where you can fall (or rise) hundreds of feet and land
>> successfully.
>
> You mean like Tribes: Vengeance?

"Development on the previously announced Tribes: Vengeance 1.1
update has been cancelled. No further updates to Tribes: Vengeance
are planned."

http://community.vugames.com/WebX?14@127.jC4heWVek0C.8981107@.1dd97873

http://tinyurl.com/6yxnp

> --
> Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
> "The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships

> From: Werner Spahl <spahl cup.uni-muenchen.de>
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: Is there a modern 3-D action game, like Tribes 2?
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:26:16 +0200

Andrew

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:48:53 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>"Development on the previously announced Tribes: Vengeance 1.1
>update has been cancelled. No further updates to Tribes: Vengeance
>are planned."

Does it need any?

Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote:
> John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote:

>>"Development on the previously announced Tribes: Vengeance 1.1
>>update has been cancelled. No further updates to Tribes: Vengeance
>>are planned."
>
> Does it need any?

Yes, of course.

http://tinyurl.com/6yxnp

> From: Andrew <spamtrap localhost.>
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: Is there a modern 3-D action game, like Tribes 2?
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:58:56 +0100

"Giants: Citizen Kabuto" its from 2000 but is very good ....2 different sp
demos around..
Should be able to get it at super-low-bargin range price....in UK SoldOut
software cheapy
range has it at £5 ($10 usa)
The only prob with great game is lack of save-anywhere feature ...really
spoils its big levels.
Lot of good reviews here:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/giantscitizenkabuto

Lu mouse

Yes and no. For the most part only die-hards realy need the patch. Most
pub players will never miss it.
Try out the demo, it's a free d/l. Gogogogo!

gl hf.