[SOLVED] Is there a need for an upgrade? (Specs listed)

Dec 20, 2018
Hello, I just found this site upon scavenging for solutions. Before saying the situation, here are my specs:

Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz
16gb DDR3 (2pcs of 8gb)
4gb GeForce GTX 1050ti
2tb HDD Sata

I only use half of my HDD

So, after the October Win10 patch update, everything went slow mo. Like, constant freezing when I try to multitask. Or play a game, dropped frames here and there, with offline games (NBA 2k18 and Steam games).

Even slower when you open a YouTube and you try to multi-task(video rendering, illustration apps).
Already did some cleaning, replaced thermal paste. Reformat for x2 already. Updated my drivers and all.

Question is, what do I need to upgrade? Or do is someone experiencing the same problem? Any tips?

Thank you in advanced!

Solution
Fresh install and removing unwanted programs would make the system fast. But you say you have done that already.

Best stop gap fix : a 500gb crucial mx500 or 860 Evo.

Consider upgrading to ryzen 3000 series next year if you still aren't satisfied with the performance.
Fresh install and removing unwanted programs would make the system fast. But you say you have done that already.

Best stop gap fix : a 500gb crucial mx500 or 860 Evo.

Consider upgrading to ryzen 3000 series next year if you still aren't satisfied with the performance.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Make sure you've also updated not only the bios, but any mobo chipset drivers (found in same place as the bios) as Win10CE updates have issues with older versions of audio, Lan, USB family which had closed end 16bit drivers and would end in conflicts with newer 64bit windows driver versions.

Use OS/steam core files on ssd instead of hdd (can leave game files on hdd), puts new life back into everything from windows to internet to game load times.

Dec 20, 2018

Yep already did a reformat and clean install, but may I ask what's a gap fix?

Dec 20, 2018

I just bought the 1050ti since I thought it's a GPU problem. But yeah I actually am thinking that the other parts are not that old, thank you.

Dec 20, 2018

I did update the drivers of the mobo. Regarding drivers, am I correct? I'm using the app Driver Booster.

Dec 20, 2018

Oooh I see I see, got that. Thank you, will consider that too!

TRENDING THREADS