Is there a PC Case finder

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Is there a site, blog, column or whatever that lets you pick the elements of a pc case then tells you what model and make is closest. {Roughly 22-24" high and 22-26" long and 10-11" wide} I want a case that is large enough for me to easily, with room to spare, put in an ATX motherboard. Allow enough room on all sides for three of the largest (standard) GPU's, the larger (standard) coolers and have room for my cabling, SATA SSD's (2) and HDD's (4). 45° control panel with usb ports 3-3.0 (2 would still make me smile), 2-2.0, 1 SATA & dual fan controls with an LED speed bar or circle for each knob or button. Install recessed power and reset buttons next to each other with the reset requiring the pinky finger. My last build put the power button in between the usb ports. Not good. Put flush collapsing handles or handle on top around or between fan covers.Give the gamers a thrill and put battery operated LED's in the handle switching them on when the handle is lifted. The rest of the case is standard on every case I have viewed as a possibility except for the assumed defunct Ostrog ENERMAX ECA5030A-B Black ATX Full Tower (Thormax Giant) which I much prefer over my reconciled choice of the Cougar Panzer which is 60% of what I want. Give me choices, steel, steel with a Plexiglas window that 2nd's as a fan port or the GAMERS' beloved tinted tempered glass. I am frustrated and am starting a new build.The CORSAIR GRAPHITE 780T Full-Tower Case- Black also came close but what a plunder, that thing is beyond huge.

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Oooo, Nice cases Vic, They are just out of size range. The build is for me, well, uh. I am sure I will give it to my wife soon. She has a tendency to burn up pc's. No OC, she just grinds them into the dirt until the smoke comes out doing research. Pintrest and File Maker Pro cause me lots of repairs. Love that Cooler Master control panel. Thanks for the suggestions, still looking.

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
I am not a Corsair fan. But every time I turn around Corsair has what I have deemed is what I want or close. Why I did not think of installing my own control panel in a 5.25 bay is humbling, thanks Vic. The box would work since it doesn't have the 27" problem. It is on the skinny side. Worth looking into. It now sits along side the Panzer. The EVGA had the 27" problem and they are more proud than I am going to pay for at the current time. Still looking when not at work.

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Well Vic, you pushed me the right direction. The INWIN GR One is a little on the shy side but slaps the Panzer's face when it comes to being a solid case. EZDIY and Syba have the 5.25 controls etc. that interest me. FYI. If the motherboard fails on controlling the fan be it software or poor components I have the controller as a back up plus I use it to control a fan on one of my super wide monitors. (Long story, even for me.) My mother board plan is ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Gaming Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th 9th Gen) ATX with a 1070 or 1070TI, 2X16 Corsair DDR4 and an I9-9900 or an I7-9700K. Plan on getting the drives picked then running it through PCPartPicker. I plan on putting one of those EZDIY's on my wifes pc as well. Good news, she designed 4 new databases last night, I thought I heard a pc groan in between my snores. Thanks again Vic, you have been a great asset. Break times over, back to work.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Good you found the case you we're searching for.:)

You talked about 3 gpu's and looking at the 7 pcie expansion slots will it probably be hard to fit three of those,but if you're confident that will work fine or maybe you just don't really need them ...

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Poor grammer on my part. Most definently be tight. That is when the Corsair Graphite 780T would have been my choice with a 24,000 btu window air conditioning unit as a cooler. Hopefully only 2 gpus. One high dollar ($500) and one Asus GEForce GTX 650 to drive a cheap Walmart tv. The new boards are not kind to HDMI users. After more research I'll know which one and then PCPP.com can verify me. This machine (as long as it is mine) will be a video editor and server directed toward the deaf and hard of hearing. Besides, I want to box up the 10,000 movies we have recorded off tv and other legal means and have them at my finger tips no matter which room I am in. The PCIe slots used will be 2 video cards and one SSD. Thanks for double checking me.

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Vic suggested I look at different cases that I could mod in the extras I wanted into cases I did want. Simple solution. Thanks again Vic. Save me hours I don't have for research.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

This motherboard btw has a hdmi port so you could run the tv of the igp.

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
I was second guessing on my motherboard and looked at ASRock Phantom 9 for I heard they were not made in China. That board should also run the tv and I can use the 650 card (unless I have enough HDMIs) to drive one of my wife's monitors. I key in on my pc, she swaps the source to my feed and we can communicate. (She is deaf) That is is the main reason for the cheap Walmart tv but it sits high on the wall. For long conversations this last fix negates neck pain. Now I just have to decide between "The Phantom" or a "Hero". It would appear I can only afford a movie or a sandwich.