Aug 29, 2017
Ryzen 5 1600
Asus B350 Plus
8gb viper ram @2166mhz
1tb hdd
HIS R9 270
700w thermaltake tr2
windows 10 unactivated

all of the fans and lights are working but once i connect to a monitor, there is one beep and it says "press f2 or Del to enter uefi bios" the bios can boot fine, but after it finishes loading, there is immediately a black screen and no cursor. This happened after I installed drivers for an unknown device in device manager. I've tried using 4 different hard drives, and the same thing happens each time.

https://imgur.com/a/QQXEZ

Solution
This isn't an issue with the GPU as your actually getting a signal from the card, normally a GPU issue will display you with a blue screen if paired with a driver corruption or similar (or no display at all).

Your operating boot file could be corrupt, or the OS itself. Linked with this it can also be a Hard Drive issue.

Best thing to do is get this hard drive out of the PC and hook it up to another PC and try to retrieve any data that is needed (Personal Photo's etc)

If nothing is saved on this hard drive, i would recommend Re-Installation but test the hard drive on another machine as re-installing on a cautioned or bad hard drive will just lead to more problems (Crystal Disk Info) is probably the best software to test hard drive...

JayCee993

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
This isn't an issue with the GPU as your actually getting a signal from the card, normally a GPU issue will display you with a blue screen if paired with a driver corruption or similar (or no display at all).

Your operating boot file could be corrupt, or the OS itself. Linked with this it can also be a Hard Drive issue.

Best thing to do is get this hard drive out of the PC and hook it up to another PC and try to retrieve any data that is needed (Personal Photo's etc)

If nothing is saved on this hard drive, i would recommend Re-Installation but test the hard drive on another machine as re-installing on a cautioned or bad hard drive will just lead to more problems (Crystal Disk Info) is probably the best software to test hard drive life in my opinion and can be ran for external drives connected to a machine.

Jason

Solution