Question Is there a problem??

Dec 4, 2020
I previously had to return a motherboard due to malfunction with the 24 pin cable and the PSU connector. I recently bought a new motherboard and anxiously plugged in the 24 cables between the motherboard and the PSU and the PSU fan did not come on. No other parts were inserted. I'm wondering if there was not enough power to run the fan or if I could possibly be looking at a PSU issue?? PSU works with paperclip method.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU? FYI, please breadboard the system when you're working with brand new parts to avoid having to tear down everything if things go South.

What are the specs to the rest of the system?

No other parts were inserted.
So you just got the motherboard and PSU together, huh? That's not going to work on any given day.

Dec 4, 2020
Make and model of the PSU? FYI, please breadboard the system when you're working with brand new parts to avoid having to tear down everything if things go South.

What are the specs to the rest of the system?

No other parts were inserted.
So you just got the motherboard and PSU together, huh? That's not going to work on any given day.

PSU: ARESGAME AGV500 80+ Bronze
Motherboard: MPG Z490
CPU: Intel Core i5 10-400
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666Mhz
SSD:
PNY CS900 500GB 3D NAND 2.5" SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

And yeah, haha, just those two parts. This is my second** build because my first one ended up not working so I've super anxious. I'm also frustrated so I want to be sure everything works before completing it.