[SOLVED] Is There a Program That Allows You To Adjust The Screen Size (Not Talking About Resolution)

Aug 15, 2020
I want to decrease the screen size on my TV, just the way you can do it on a Nintendo Switch or a PS4. I don't want to change the resolution, I already tried that through the Control Panel settings and couldn't get it to the size I want. I also tried the TV settings, but it doesn't allow me to use custom setting when using the computer. Is there such a program or app?

The reason I want to do this is because my TV is too big for my room. And if you're asking yourself why did I buy a TV too big for my room, well I didn't buy it, it was a gift.

I'm using a laptop.
CPU: AMD A8-4500M with Radeon HD Graphics
8GB RAM
TV: Samsung 43" TU700D

Last edited:
Solution
That's a 4k TV, so if you lower the resolution on the computer options to 1080 then turn off scaling in the video options and in the TV options it should stick that 1080 image in the middle of the screen without expanding it to fit. A better idea is to have asked the person that got it for you as a gift to exchange it for something that fits your room, not sure why that was not done.
Aug 15, 2020
I want to decrease the screen size on my TV, just the way you can do it on a Nintendo Switch or a PS4. I don't want to change the resolution, I already tried that through the Control Panel settings and couldn't get it to the size I want. I also tried the TV settings, but it doesn't allow me to use custom setting when using the computer. Is there such a program or app?

The reason I want to do this is because my TV is too big for my room. And if you're asking yourself why did I buy a TV too big for my room, well I didn't buy it, it was a gift.

I'm using a laptop.
CPU: AMD A8-4500M with Radeon HD Graphics
8GB RAM
TV: Samsung 43" TU700D

Last edited:
That's a 4k TV, so if you lower the resolution on the computer options to 1080 then turn off scaling in the video options and in the TV options it should stick that 1080 image in the middle of the screen without expanding it to fit. A better idea is to have asked the person that got it for you as a gift to exchange it for something that fits your room, not sure why that was not done.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS