Question Is there a program that will automatically connect to the WiFi when first booted?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Backstory:

I erased everything on my windows 10 PC, which meant I lost all the settings I had made on my profile

On that build, I remember making changes to my settings to make sure that my WiFi automatically booted up when I started my PC. I have since forgotten what setting that was, so, on this new build, I am not able to make the same changes to my settings, which means my WiFi doesnt connect automatically at the start

I have already made "changes" to my WiFi connect; like, ticking the box that forces my PC to connect to the WiFi even if it is out of range, as well as changing the power settings for my WiFi adapter

Is there a program that will force my PC to connect to my WiFi automatically? I dont know what else to do.

Its so annoying because I have to disconnect my ATP storage/device every time, which takes 5 seconds, and then add it again to my PC. Before, I didnt have to do that as my WiFi was always connected

Things about my PC:

• Windows 10
  • My other devices have no problems connecting to the WiFi automatically
  • My PC is also connected to an ethernet connectionn (I have no problems connecting to this)

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
usually is wifi or Ethernet. do you have the ethernet connect when booting up?
oh, i didnt know that. i was used to having both connected at the same time, automatically; and yes, i have ethernet connection when booting up, no problems there

its so annoying. ive tried googling for programs but couldnt find any. i was thinking of setting it as a task in task scheduler but i dont know much about coding/computer etc.

i might just look into an atp manager of some sort. but i just like the arrangement at the moment of it being easily accesible :(