Question Is there a USB-c (female) to USB-c connector (male) out there?

Kozzy72

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Hi, I want to use my SD card reader with my cell and don’t want to take the cover off.

Does anyone know if there is a USB-c to USB-c connector out there?

The usb-c jack on the reader won’t connect with the phone cover on, but works fine with it off. I’m looking for a hard connector/jack style.

I don't want a cable, I have one, so I'm looking for a better item. I intend to secure the connector/jack to the card reader so it will become one piece.

Even if I have to trim the bottom of the cover to fit the plastic portion of the connector, that will be fine. It will only make the hole a bit larger. The card reader base is too big to cut out.

Kozzy72

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Can you show any photos, to better understand, what you're dealing with?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
I took pics and got them uploaded to imgur. Tried to get them linked here, but not sure what I'm doing wrong. 1st time with this type of tech (imgur).

They exist.
This is a result from ebay, but do some hunting on Amazon with the search query 'adapter usb c female to usb c male'.
This one doesn't look like it's small enough for what you want, but you could also file off or trim it with an exacto knife. A more thorough search will probably get you a better result of an adapter with a sleeker profile.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/13301530679...o5XYF_p2XQXWDC6hFLlmQJxTJLCzaRx0aAmOpEALw_wcB

Kozzy72

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
They exist.
This is a result from ebay, but do some hunting on Amazon with the search query 'adapter usb c female to usb c male'.
This one doesn't look like it's small enough for what you want, but you could also file off or trim it with an exacto knife. A more thorough search will probably get you a better result of an adapter with a sleeker profile.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/13301530679...o5XYF_p2XQXWDC6hFLlmQJxTJLCzaRx0aAmOpEALw_wcB
Hi, thanks so much for sending me this link. I have been looking but this looks like what I'm looking for. Not sure if usb-c is 3.1 as described but will look at it to see if it's going to work. I agree, might have to trim the bottom of the cell phone cover so it will fit in there.

Kozzy72

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
After you upload your image,
press copy link button on the page,
then paste this copied link into your post.
Hi, I had trouble with the imgur images. They were 'hidden'. Hope this link shows you what I was talking about. 'dudio' replied with a link to them. I'm following up with you on your guidance and advice.

Here's the link: I made a simple drawing of what I was looking for; before dudio posted.
View: https://imgur.com/56U3ROb

Thanks again.

I would use a longer USB C extender cable with that device, you don't want to be messing around with a harder short connection to avoid breaking the ports due to the size and weight you will be putting on that connector. Get a 1 ft or so cable that is flexible.

logainofhades

Titan
I would use a longer USB C extender cable with that device, you don't want to be messing around with a harder short connection to avoid breaking the ports due to the size and weight you will be putting on that connector. Get a 1 ft or so cable that is flexible.

That's why I recommended just getting a card reader, that comes with a cable. Shouldn't have to trim anything that way.
61Uf19OzYxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Kozzy72

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014

Thanks for your input. As mentioned in my initial posting, I already have a cable; tried that. I still have to pull the cell phone cover off to get the cable to make a connection. The cable does not do what I need it to do.

My goal: make the connection without pulling the cover off.

The cover's thickness does not allow the pins on the male end to electrically connect. The male end of the cables I have are too short to overcome the thickness of the phone cover.

logainofhades

Titan
Thanks for your input. As mentioned in my initial posting, I already have a cable; tried that. I still have to pull the cell phone cover off to get the cable to make a connection. The cable does not do what I need it to do.

My goal: make the connection without pulling the cover off.

The cover's thickness does not allow the pins on the male end to electrically connect. The male end of the cables I have are too short to overcome the thickness of the phone cover.

Then how are you able to even charge the phone, take the cover off? If so, make the case hole bigger, or invest in a better engineered case.