• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Is there a way (even in the registry) to have File History back up once a week? Also looking to overwrite old histories by number of histories saved.

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way (even in the registry) to have File History back up once a week instead of daily? I'm also looking to overwrite old histories by number of histories saved, and not by length of time saved, although if I could do the backup every week instead of every day I think that would be good enough.

I'm guessing there isn't, as a Google search didn't find anything, but I figured I'd ask. :)

Worse comes to worse, I suppose there are probably 3rd party software that will do the job. :/

Thanks,

DM

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS