Question Is there a way for me to store a PCIe card inside my laptops 2.5” bay?

May 14, 2023
I’m trying to find a way to add FireWire to my laptop. I’m too poor to buy a new laptop with FireWire. I’ve read old forums where people have used an M.2 to PCIe riser, then connected a PCIe FireWire card. But I don’t want it external, I want internal. My laptop (Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54) has a 2.5” bay that’s empty. Could I potentially store a PCIe card inside of there and then use a Dremel to cut a small hole in the casing to allow a short FireWire male to female cable to poke out?

USAFRet

Titan
A laptop does not have the internal space for a PCIe device.

In the empty 2.5" bay? There may be space, but not for any connector.

And then dremel a hole in the case?

Why do you NEED a FireWire connection?

May 14, 2023
A laptop does not have the internal space for a PCIe device.

In the empty 2.5" bay? There may be space, but not for any connector.

And then dremel a hole in the case?

Why do you NEED a FireWire connection?

My mixer only connects to a computer by FireWire, so that’s why I need it.

Is there any way that I can manage to connect it since my idea won’t work? My laptop doesn’t have Thunderbolt either, so that’s not an option unfortunately.

USAFRet

Titan
My mixer only connects to a computer by FireWire, so that’s why I need it.

Is there any way that I can manage to connect it since my idea won’t work? My laptop doesn’t have Thunderbolt either, so that’s not an option unfortunately.
Sorry, but no.
I have no idea of how to merge these two completely incompatible devices, apart from the external connection thing you don't wish to use.

May 14, 2023
Sorry, but no.
I have no idea of how to merge these two completely incompatible devices, apart from the external connection thing you don't wish to use.
In that case, how do I go about fixing this up externally? I know nothing about external PCI cards for laptops.