Is there a way that I can place programs, files and folders that were install in windows 7 in windows 10 and have them working

Danny Beatz

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I recently updated to Windows 10, I had to do a clean install because of issues upgrading when trying to keep my personal settings, files etc.

I have a clone of my windows 7 on another drive, I was wonder was there a program that would take the files and place them in the proper locations as if I saved all my personal settings while upgrading to windows 10?

Solution

I bought PCmover Enterprise, It took about 14 hours, but it worked, It moved over Programs, files, folders,, and even registry!!!! Crazy right?! I'm shocked that a lot of people haven't heard of this amazing tool. It did exactly what I hoped it would! None of my programs are broken. I make music, so I needed FL studios 12 to work and all of the VST plugins to work and thust far, everything seems to work, installed games...

Danny Beatz

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

I know that PCMover Express does what I want, but it only transfer the files, setting etc to another hard drive on a separate computer, I was hoping that there was something like that that transferred settings between two hard drives on the same rig.

I think I may have found a solution. I'm going to buy a USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Adapter and use PC Mover. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

It depends on the program. Some will have a repair utility that will put the registry settings back.
Otherwise it is faster to reinstall the software. Pc mover express would be the wrong tool. It simply
does not do what you asked for. (Not to mention potential license issues pertaining to what you want to do)

Danny Beatz

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

I bought PCmover Enterprise, It took about 14 hours, but it worked, It moved over Programs, files, folders,, and even registry!!!! Crazy right?! I'm shocked that a lot of people haven't heard of this amazing tool. It did exactly what I hoped it would! None of my programs are broken. I make music, so I needed FL studios 12 to work and all of the VST plugins to work and thust far, everything seems to work, installed games etc. Thanks for the help.

Solution