Question Is there a way to access an account on Windows 10 without the password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scary_crow

Honorable
Nov 6, 2015
Dear all

I know this question might sounds a bit fishy, but here is my situation. My cousin recently passed away 😢 . My uncle and aunt in her room found her laptop. They are not too good with technology, so they asked me to help them out. They wanted to get access to the laptop and see whether there are any photos or videos (or anything memorable) that she might have left behind. However, the laptop is password protected. I haven’t yet had a chance to get my hands on the laptop, but I am wondering are there some ways that can access it? (I will be visiting them this weekend, so I would like to get myself prepare for this task.) If I take out the hard drive from the laptop and connect it as a secondary drive on my laptop/PC, would I be able to access the content in the hard drive without the password?

I did a quick search online and found a software called “PassFab 4WinKey” that said can remove the password of a Windows account. Anyone has experience on this? Does it work?

The thing that I am most worry about is accidentally deleting any possible content on the laptop, as it is so important to them.

Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

I am sorry if I am not posting in the right place.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
We cannot assist with questions regarding bypassing security measures. We have no means to verify the authenticity of the circumstances or ownership of the device in question. Sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.