[SOLVED] Is there a way to access printer on a sub network?

Jun 18, 2021
Hi all,
so this is my network configuration.
I have cable network, the modem is at 10.0.0.1 for one part of the house. On the other side of the house, I use a wireless router to access the modem and provide wired/wireless connection to internet. The wireless router is at 10.0.0.84 on the modem. However, the wireless router uses 192.168.10.xxx for printers and computers that connect to itself.
My questions, is there a way to access printer (on 192.168.10.xxx) from a computer on 10.0.0.xxx? If yes, how?
Thanks a lot.

Solution
My wireless router connects to modem using WISP. No wireless AP set up available. should I get a different router?
Will need to know what the model of the router is to help more. I would have expected a WISP connection to act more like an AP than a router.
You could try disabling the DHCP server, but it sounds like the unit still has a NAT routing function in place.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all,
so this is my network configuration.
I have cable network, the modem is at 10.0.0.1 for one part of the house. On the other side of the house, I use a wireless router to access the modem and provide wired/wireless connection to internet. The wireless router is at 10.0.0.84 on the modem. However, the wireless router uses 192.168.10.xxx for printers and computers that connect to itself.
My questions, is there a way to access printer (on 192.168.10.xxx) from a computer on 10.0.0.xxx? If yes, how?
Thanks a lot.
Are you trying to isolate the devices behind the router? If not, then you should configureit as access point.

kanewolf

Titan
My wireless router connects to modem using WISP. No wireless AP set up available. should I get a different router?
Will need to know what the model of the router is to help more. I would have expected a WISP connection to act more like an AP than a router.
You could try disabling the DHCP server, but it sounds like the unit still has a NAT routing function in place.

Solution