Question Is there a way to boost my wifi from 4mb/s to at least 20+?

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
My wifi is acapable of supplying 144mb/s but I only get 4.3mb/s peak. I bought a Tp-link wifi adapter (Archer T3U AC1300) thinking it would solve this issue but its still 4.3mb/s peak.

kanewolf

Titan
My wifi is acapable of supplying 144mb/s but I only get 4.3mb/s peak. I bought a Tp-link wifi adapter (Archer T3U AC1300) thinking it would solve this issue but its still 4.3mb/s peak.
Those micro USB adapters are poor, they don't have room for big antennas. If you must use a USB adapter, I recommend something like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Techkey-1750Mbps-1300Mbps-Antennas-Wireless/dp/B07PKMFPF7 It has two large antennas and a USB extender which allow you to move the antennas for optimum signal.

BUT your PC is only half the equation. What router do you have? How far away from the router are you ? Do you live in an apartment building with dozens of competing WIFI signals interfering with your WIFI ?

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Those micro USB adapters are poor, they don't have room for big antennas. If you must use a USB adapter, I recommend something like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Techkey-1750Mbps-1300Mbps-Antennas-Wireless/dp/B07PKMFPF7 It has two large antennas and a USB extender which allow you to move the antennas for optimum signal.

BUT your PC is only half the equation. What router do you have? How far away from the router are you ? Do you live in an apartment building with dozens of competing WIFI signals interfering with your WIFI ?
I mean I have talktalk wifi and its downstairs. I am aprroximately 2-3 metres away from it. I live in a normal house, like the walls aint that thick. Is there a way to boost my wifi or should I invest in a ethernet cable.

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Move closer to the router
Turn off all your neighbors WiFi

Or....
Powerline or MOCA devices.
If there is coax cable through the house, MOCA might work.

Or, powerline devices to pump the signal through the house wiring.

But really, an ethernet cable is by far the best way.
Ok

Jakubrr

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Move closer to the router
Turn off all your neighbors WiFi

Or....
Powerline or MOCA devices.
If there is coax cable through the house, MOCA might work.

Or, powerline devices to pump the signal through the house wiring.

But really, an ethernet cable is by far the best way.
Thank you