Is there a way to control the case fan speeds?

Phythonwalfe

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
My mobo is

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CM6330_CM6630_CM6730_CM6830 (LGA1155)

I installed 2 120 mm fans to the case i want to know is there any program that lets me control the fan speed of the 2 fans so when im not needing them as much and want it quite i can slow them down is there ant special program for that.

The fans are

Antec 120mm Blue led fan

Solution
Case fan speed control:

1) BIOS (may be some settings here to enable)

2) Download and install the Fan Control software for your EXACT motherboard (see motherboard support site). Change from 100% to 50% and listen to see if fan speed changes (noise). A good ramp is 40degC at 50% to 70degC at 100% (will vary).

3) My motherboard can control 3-pin (Voltage) and 4-pin (PWM) fans for Case Fans. Older motherboards may support 3-pin only.

4) Fan must be attached to the proper motherboard FAN connectors just like the CPU fan is.
Case fan speed control:

1) BIOS (may be some settings here to enable)

2) Download and install the Fan Control software for your EXACT motherboard (see motherboard support site). Change from 100% to 50% and listen to see if fan speed changes (noise). A good ramp is 40degC at 50% to 70degC at 100% (will vary).

3) My motherboard can control 3-pin (Voltage) and 4-pin (PWM) fans for Case Fans. Older motherboards may support 3-pin only.

4) Fan must be attached to the proper motherboard FAN connectors just like the CPU fan is.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS