[SOLVED] Is there a way to determine what temperature my current build will reach with a case without testing it

cpucoolingproblems

Commendable
Oct 5, 2020
There are many videos with case temperature benchmarks where they are compared with other cases but is there a way to see what my current build will reach in a case?

I need this info before I proceed to buy the thing so testing first hand is not an option.

Thanks

Solution
Your temperatures are now just fine.
What is your current case?
Why are you considering a change?
Regardless, I would expect similar temperatures when your parts are installed in a new case.

If, for any reason, you need more cooling, that can be adjusted later.
The silencio can handle an added front intake fan as well as a top end air cooler.
I would expect the case to run at satisfactory temperatures with the strongest graphics card that will run on your 500w psu.
That might be a GTX1660ti.

USAFRet

Titan
There are many videos with case temperature benchmarks where they are compared with other cases but is there a way to see what my current build will reach in a case?

I need this info before I proceed to buy the thing so testing first hand is not an option.

Thanks
No there is not anything which can specify a specific temperature.

ALL the components, ambient air temp, cable routing, etc, etc.

But....get reasonable parts and a CPU cooler to match, and there should be no problem.
For instance, don't match a really hot high perf CPU with a $15 cooler.

cpucoolingproblems

Commendable
Oct 5, 2020
Post the specs of your build.
Likely, you can get some good estimates.

Ok so I've got an i5 4th gen (cooled by a standard heatsink and an Arctic Alpine 12 fan), gtx 1050ti double-fanned, psu is the Cougar VTE500 (500w bronze class).
As for the potential case I'm looking at the silencio s400 by coolermaster.

current temps are:
(Celsius)idleunder load
gpu3070
cpu3560

Regardless, I would expect similar temperatures when your parts are installed in a new case.

The silencio can handle an added front intake fan as well as a top end air cooler.
I would expect the case to run at satisfactory temperatures with the strongest graphics card that will run on your 500w psu.

Solution

cpucoolingproblems

Commendable
Oct 5, 2020

Current case is a no name tin can so Im looking for something more stylish.
Btw thanks a lot for taking the time to look into my issue, I will proceed with the case change.

TRENDING THREADS