Is there a way to download games from G2A and install them onto my harddrive instead of playing them through Steam?

jamspls

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
I can play the games just fine, the only issue is that hefty new games like Fallout 4 are painfully slow in the loading screens, only making their already slow speeds even worse.

I activated the key through Steam as per usual, but the game only loads and plays through a Steam shortcut of the game.

Is there a way to install it onto my hardrive for faster performance instead?

Solution
Most Steam games require Steam to be running to play them(I used to be able to run Elite Dangerous by running the .exe from the steam folder with Steam closed, most games won't let you though). The games you install on Steam ARE on your hard drive. The Steam client is very low profile, running them without launching steam won't give you a noticeable performance improvement. If you want to improve load times in games your best bet would be to load them onto an SSD, but that will only save you a few seconds realistically.

MrNiemo

Reputable
Sep 30, 2016
Most Steam games require Steam to be running to play them(I used to be able to run Elite Dangerous by running the .exe from the steam folder with Steam closed, most games won't let you though). The games you install on Steam ARE on your hard drive. The Steam client is very low profile, running them without launching steam won't give you a noticeable performance improvement. If you want to improve load times in games your best bet would be to load them onto an SSD, but that will only save you a few seconds realistically.

Solution

bwinzey

Respectable
Jun 26, 2016
Your game is already downloaded. The loading times is just your computer loading up the games from your hard drive. Steam doesn't stream games or whatever you think it does. All you did was activate the key and download the game to your computer. To get faster performance, you'd have to get an SSD for games or get a new high-performance hard drive.

bignastyid

Titan

It is installed on your HDD drive. If you want it to load faster you need to move it to either a faster HDD or a SSD.

TRENDING THREADS