Question Is there a way to enable surround sound for the front jack?

Sep 19, 2021
I currently have a pc with the erica 6 motherboard, i think the ports on the back have surround sound but is there a way to give the front jacks surround sound? the front jack is a jumbo jack (audio+mic), or should I just use an external sound card with usb and a splitter?

(there is no "configure" option for the combo jack, while there are for the external speakers and the monitor in the control panel -> sound)

edit: think what I meant was spatial sound, the combo jack in my phone can give spatial sound but my pc cant, is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Jumbo jack would be 3 rings, stereo L&R and mic. Surround in such a sense provisioning each channel would be quite long, like 10 rings long for 5.1ch. Can imagine how long such a thing would be.

Anyways, each individual speaker for surround needs to be identified and treated as such. Depending on your speaker input configuration, if it requires analogue audio jacks, then a sound card would suit.

Analogue surround is easier to work with since there's no compression or decoders necessary, each channel plays as is once configured in Windows.

Sep 19, 2021
Windows has something built in if you go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Right click on the output device and select Properties -> Spatial Sound tab
the thing is when i switch from "off" to "windows sonic for headphones" (this is the direct translation of it) it switches back to "off" immediately