[SOLVED] is there a way to figure out how used or beaten a cpu has been when buying a used cpu?

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
I looking to buy a used cpu on ebay i guess. is there a way to see the number or hours used or if the processor has been overclocked .

to avoir a crappy end of life processor.

Solution
I looking to buy a used cpu on ebay i guess. is there a way to see the number or hours used or if the processor has been overclocked .

No.

These would be fairly pointless. The end-of-life for a CPU is when all the other parts are dead and it's not cost-effective to replace them. Actual CPU failures are pretty rare. An odometer on a CPU makes about as much sense as the odometer on a mirror; either the mirror is broken or it's not.

DSzymborski

Titan

No.

These would be fairly pointless. The end-of-life for a CPU is when all the other parts are dead and it's not cost-effective to replace them. Actual CPU failures are pretty rare. An odometer on a CPU makes about as much sense as the odometer on a mirror; either the mirror is broken or it's not.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
hi are you saying that even if the seller states that he overclocked it for 10 years, i dont have to be worried , as long as it works?

All else being equal, I'd prefer one that wasn't overclocked for 10 years, but some kind of "odometer" won't tell you how stable an overclock it was or, really, give you any kind of useful information; CPUs of the same model aren't technically identical.

TRENDING THREADS