Is There a Way to Fix Backlight Bleed?

teflon66

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I'm planning on getting the Acer XB270HU monitor, and have heard a lot of people complaining of severe backlight bleed. I don't know if I'm going to get it now, but is there any way to fix backlight bleed or at least make it less noticeable? Thanks!

What do you mean it's "OK" when people are complaining about it?

Backlight bleed is sometimes misreported, however if it's due to light leaking around the edge there's really not much you can do. There is a BACKLIGHT in the monitor which always shines, and a FILTER in the front to pass light through (like a flashlight with a red filter over the end).

The flashlight analogy is good:
It's like having a red filter over the end that doesn't quite fit so you get light leaking around the edge. I suppose you could try to use tape to cover this.

I just don't see the point in buying this monitor if it's a known issue. Simply look for a different monitor. There's lots to choose from.

Use PCPARTPICKER as a guide. You can filter by price, panel type (TN vs IPS), resolution etc. Even average customer score. Pick a few models then start looking at the Amazon, Newegg links to get an idea of which one has the least issues.

teflon66

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
So I will get the Acer XB270HU. I will get bias lighting and if there is severe bleed, I will use the method where you apply gentle pressure to the screen. If problems persist, which I doubt they will (this is my first gaming PC so I'm not gonna be too picky as well), I'll just replace it. What are some trusted retailers that tend to have less problems (or send out higher quality items) and have good warranties???

teflon66

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
On the Acer website, I saw: CDW, PCM, B&H, and Insight. Are these good manufacturers? Will any manufacturer give out higher quality products than others? What manufacturer has the best warranty and fast repairs or new models if I have to send it back?

teflon66

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I'll probably just go with Amazon and get a protection plan, so I can easily just send it back if there's any problem with my monitor. I just hope I'm lucky and get a good one that I won't need to be sent back!

TRENDING THREADS