[SOLVED] Is there a way to fix this?

Aug 10, 2019
This happens when i load into a game:

View: https://imgur.com/a/kTKMm2W

Benchmark photo for comparison:

View: https://imgur.com/a/Kbmzmm0

1. I have a SSD with benchmarks speeds of 500 MB/s.
  2. No malware from latest scan (performed today).
  3. No other processes using disk.
  4. This only happens in games.
The game loads much slower in comparison to other people using HDD, this problem also causes stuttering in another game before the problem fixes itself.
It might be related to cpu/memory usage, but honestly i don't know. If you know any possible cause/fix please let me know.

Thank you for reading.

Solution
FIX: It was a corrupted cache/game cloud issue which caused this problem, clearing it fixed the problem.

What led me to believe this was a OS/Driver/Disk issue is the fact that the same exact problem happened in two games, at first i thought this was some game related issue, so reinstalled both games and verified the integrity of game files, unfortunately that didn't work.
Today i tried reinstalling the game and clearing cache files and it seems like it successfully fixed the issue, i used a similar method to the second game which got the issue fixed as well.
I feel stupid for not trying this before and i'm sorry that i wasted your time. Thank you for helping me because it motivated me to persist on fixing this problem.

Now that...
I would start here:

If there are any steps listed here that you have not already done, it would be advisable to do so if for no other reason than to be able to say you've already done it and eliminate that possibility.

First,

make sure your motherboard has the MOST recent BIOS version installed. If it does not, then update. This solves a high number of issues even in cases where the release that is newer than yours makes no mention of improving graphics card or other hardware compatibility. They do not list every change they have made when they post a new BIOS release.

Second,

go to the product page for your motherboard on the manufacturer website. Download and install the latest driver versions for the chipset, storage controllers, audio and network adapters. Do not skip installing a newer driver just because you think it is not relevant to the problem you are having. The drivers for one device can often affect ALL other devices and a questionable driver release can cause instability in the OS itself. They don't release new drivers just for fun. If there is a new driver release for a component, there is a good reason for it. The same goes for BIOS updates.

IF you have other hardware installed or attached to the system that are not a part of the systems covered by the motherboard drivers, then go to the support page for THAT component and check to see if there are newer drivers available for that as well. If there are, install them.

Third,

Make sure your memory is running at the correct advertised speed in the BIOS. This may require that you set the memory to run at the XMP profile settings. Also, make sure you have the memory installed in the correct slots and that they are running in dual channel which you can check by installing CPU-Z and checking the Memory tab. For all modern motherboards that are dual channel memory architectures, from the last ten years at least, if you have two sticks installed they should be in the A2 (Called DDR4_1 on some boards) or B2 (Called DDR4_2 on some boards) which are ALWAYS the SECOND and FOURTH slots over from the CPU socket, counting TOWARDS the edge of the motherboard EXCEPT on boards that only have two memory slots total. In that case, if you have two modules it's not rocket science, but if you have only one, then install it in the A1 or DDR4_1 slot.

Fourth,

Make sure the problem is not just a bad cable or the wrong cable IF this is a no display issue. If it is NOT related to a lack of display signal, then skip to the next step.

This happens a lot. Try a different cable or a different TYPE of cable. Sometimes there can be issues with the monitor or card not supporting a specific specification such as HDMI 1.4 vs HDMI 2.0, or even an HDMI output stops working but the Displayport or DVI output still works fine on the graphics card. Always worth checking the cable and trying other cables because cables get run over, bent, bent pins or simply were cheap quality to begin with and something as simple as trying a different cable or different monitor might be all that is required to solve your issue.

The last thing we want to look at,

for now anyhow, is the graphics card drivers. Regardless of whether you "already installed the newest drivers" for your graphics card or not, it is OFTEN a good idea to do a CLEAN install of the graphics card drivers. Just installing over the old drivers OR trying to use what Nvidia and AMD consider a clean install is not good enough and does not usually give the same result as using the Display Driver Uninstaller utility. This has a very high success rate and is always worth a shot.

If you have had both Nvidia and AMD cards installed at any point on that operating system then you will want to run the DDU twice. Once for the old card drivers (ie, Nvidia or AMD) and again for the currently installed graphics card drivers (ie, AMD or Nvidia). So if you had an Nvidia card at some point in the past, run it first for Nvidia and then after that is complete, run it again for AMD if you currently have an AMD card installed.

Aug 10, 2019
What are you full hardware specifications? If you are using nearly all of your RAM, we need to figure out WHY?

Chances are good that you have a low amount of RAM and the system is thrashing the hard drive to make up for the lack of memory.
RAM: Team Group T-force 8gb ddr4 2400mhz (1x8 stick)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Asus TUF B450m-Plus
Disk: Kingston A400 2.5" 960 SSD Disk*

I did update the drivers except for the BIOS which i will try today, perhaps it will fix the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: I don't think the amount of RAM is low because even my friends who play the same game with the same amount of RAM load much quicker with a HDD.

Last edited:
Download CPU-Z. Take screenshots of the Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab you will need to select the DIMM slot that has your memory installed from the drop down menu in order to see it's specfications.

What version and bit depth is your operating system?

Also post a screenshot of the Windows resource manager memory tab.

What you "think" doesn't much matter because your earlier screenshots show that you are using as much as 89% of your physical memory, and that's extremely high usage.

Aug 10, 2019
Download CPU-Z. Take screenshots of the Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab you will need to select the DIMM slot that has your memory installed from the drop down menu in order to see it's specfications.

What version and bit depth is your operating system?

Also post a screenshot of the Windows resource manager memory tab.

What you "think" doesn't much matter because your earlier screenshots show that you are using as much as 89% of your physical memory, and that's extremely high usage.
Here's the screenshots you requested: View: https://imgur.com/a/cgzfweu

My operating system is Windows 10, 64-bit, Version 1809.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but that benchmark was performed when the computer was running the game, so RAM was almost completely used like the previous screenshot.

EDIT2: I have sucessfuly updated BIOS to the latest version, unfortunately it didn't fix the issue, there was still high disk usage with low write/read speeds and memory was at 67% usage while loading. I'm starting to think it's a disk issue.

Last edited:
Is this a, less than legitimate, version of Windows?

The portuguese is kind of a give away.

If so, that is probably 100% of your problem and I'd be willing to bet that installing a fresh copy of Windows that can be legitimately activated will solve your issues.

If it IS legitimate, why is it in Portuguese?

Aug 10, 2019
Is this a, less than legitimate, version of Windows?

The portuguese is kind of a give away.

If so, that is probably 100% of your problem and I'd be willing to bet that installing a fresh copy of Windows that can be legitimately activated will solve your issues.

If it IS legitimate, why is it in Portuguese?
It is a legit Windows version, Portuguese is my mother language and i switched the OS language back to English, however for some reason some text of the disk management window remained in Portuguese.

I see, ok. That makes sense. There is a way to get ALL of the English language to be used but I can't remember what it is. I'll send somebody here to add some input on that if you would like as I believe he recently helped somebody with an almost exact issue.

As far as the disk usage, try these steps FIRST, and then we may have to move on to more advanced steps if it doesn't help.

Right click on My computer (Or open Windows file explorer) and then right click on your C: drive and select Properties. Click on the tools tab. Click the Optimize option and on the Defragmenter/Trim optimization window turn off automatic optimization for all drives. Save settings and exit.

Open control panel by typing "Control" into any run or search dialogue box (Usually on the start menu) and hit enter or click on Control panel in the results. Change the View as selection to large or small icons.

Open the "System" applet. Click on the Advanced system settings link to the left. Click on the System protection tab. Click on your C: drive and then click on Configure. Turn OFF system restore for that drive and delete any existing restore points. I'd advise to leave the setting this way and use manually created third party backups anyhow because more often than not System restore fails to work correctly AND it uses a lot of system resources whenever it is running, which is more often than should be necessary. It's also usually at the least convenient times. That's up to you though, but for now leave it off.

Now, download the Kingston SSD manager utility located here: https://www.kingston.com/us/support/technical/ssdmanager and install it. Run it and check to see if there are any firmware updates for your SSD. If there are, update to the latest firmware. You can also check the drive health and status using the utility.

Next, download AS SSD and run a full test. Post screenshots of the results. It might also be a good idea to download one of the health check utilities like

Aug 10, 2019
I see, ok. That makes sense. There is a way to get ALL of the English language to be used but I can't remember what it is. I'll send somebody here to add some input on that if you would like as I believe he recently helped somebody with an almost exact issue.

As far as the disk usage, try these steps FIRST, and then we may have to move on to more advanced steps if it doesn't help.

Right click on My computer (Or open Windows file explorer) and then right click on your C: drive and select Properties. Click on the tools tab. Click the Optimize option and on the Defragmenter/Trim optimization window turn off automatic optimization for all drives. Save settings and exit.

Open control panel by typing "Control" into any run or search dialogue box (Usually on the start menu) and hit enter or click on Control panel in the results. Change the View as selection to large or small icons.

Open the "System" applet. Click on the Advanced system settings link to the left. Click on the System protection tab. Click on your C: drive and then click on Configure. Turn OFF system restore for that drive and delete any existing restore points. I'd advise to leave the setting this way and use manually created third party backups anyhow because more often than not System restore fails to work correctly AND it uses a lot of system resources whenever it is running, which is more often than should be necessary. It's also usually at the least convenient times. That's up to you though, but for now leave it off.

Now, download the Kingston SSD manager utility located here: https://www.kingston.com/us/support/technical/ssdmanager and install it. Run it and check to see if there are any firmware updates for your SSD. If there are, update to the latest firmware. You can also check the drive health and status using the utility.

Next, download AS SSD and run a full test. Post screenshots of the results. It might also be a good idea to download one of the health check utilities like
I did all your steps, Kingston SSD Manager has shown that there wasn't any Firmware Update Available, the drive's health was at 100%, no failures, no warnings, overall health was "Healthy", similar results to the disk management window.
As for the AS SSD Benchmark, here's a screenshot: View: https://imgur.com/a/NqFAUhp

Access times seem to be below average when i compared my benchmark to others, so to be sure i ran a third test, here's the result: View: https://imgur.com/a/rPMC5WP

Aug 10, 2019
FIX: It was a corrupted cache/game cloud issue which caused this problem, clearing it fixed the problem.

What led me to believe this was a OS/Driver/Disk issue is the fact that the same exact problem happened in two games, at first i thought this was some game related issue, so reinstalled both games and verified the integrity of game files, unfortunately that didn't work.
Today i tried reinstalling the game and clearing cache files and it seems like it successfully fixed the issue, i used a similar method to the second game which got the issue fixed as well.
I feel stupid for not trying this before and i'm sorry that i wasted your time. Thank you for helping me because it motivated me to persist on fixing this problem.

Now that it is fixed, should i mark your last post as the answer to close this thread?

Last edited:
Solution
Nah. Not necessary. I didn't solve the issue, but I'm glad I was able to keep you looking for the answers which you were able to find on your own. Honestly I doubt I'd have ever thought about it being a cache issue related to a specific game. That's a new one on me. LOL.

Glad you got it sorted out man. Good luck to you.