Is there a way to get Xbox 360 game saves onto PC?

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
So i have multiple games that ive invested a lot of time and effort into on my Xbox 360. Like Skyrim for example. If i get Skyrim on my pc, can i somehow transfer the Skyrim saves onto my PC and use them on the pc version of Skyrim so i dont have to start over? If thats not possible, is there any way i can play Skyrim on my pc without starting over and continuing from my current Skyrim progress on Xbox 360?

Solution
Believe it or not, yes, for some single player games it is possible to transfer saves. The problem is that you will need some way of accessing your Xbox 360's file system to extract the data, such as with a program like USB XTAF Explorer. once you do that, some games are as simple as dropping the save into your PC game's saves folder. I'm not sure about Skyrim because I've never played it, but this does work on the Fallout games which run on essentially the same engine.

Also, if it isn't possible with to do this with Skyrim for whatever reason, you can just head over to the Skyrim Nexus (link) and search for saves. Most will include instructions on how to use them and what the characters stats are.

Edit: Ah, yes, it does...

wolfkraut

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Believe it or not, yes, for some single player games it is possible to transfer saves. The problem is that you will need some way of accessing your Xbox 360's file system to extract the data, such as with a program like USB XTAF Explorer. once you do that, some games are as simple as dropping the save into your PC game's saves folder. I'm not sure about Skyrim because I've never played it, but this does work on the Fallout games which run on essentially the same engine.

Also, if it isn't possible with to do this with Skyrim for whatever reason, you can just head over to the Skyrim Nexus (link) and search for saves. Most will include instructions on how to use them and what the characters stats are.

Edit: Ah, yes, it does indeed work for Skyrim, but it isn't quite as drag and drop as it is for Fallout. Here's a guide to doing it here: Link

Solution

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Thanks so much! Sounds super easy, but almost too easy. Nothing ever goes smooth for me lol, im sure ill run into a problem and hate life, but thats my problem. Thanks again!